Warning for those who will buy Apple products in Greenhills

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by omarsytan, Aug 8, 2011.

1. 2EZ4MYKL

2EZ4MYKL New Member

Hi mga ka-phil mug!
    1st post.

Ask ko lang sana, may chance kasi na, sa greenhills nalang ako bibili ng brand new iPhone 6 globe locked dun aabot 31k lang, makakamura mura pa ko. Ang tanong, legit kaya store nila don? and yung unit? sure brand new ba talaga yung ibibigay?

Pahingi naman ng tips kapag bibili sa greenhills. Yung sa taas na maraming stalls. Salamat sa sasagot. :)

2. Rastaman

Rastaman Member

Under your bed. In your closet. In your head.
    Much better if bumili ka na lang sa mga resellers, para may peace of mind ka. If sa greenhills, you'll always have doubts in the back of your head.

Worst case, kung tutuloy ka sa greenhills, here are some of my tips for you:

1. Check physical condition.
    2. Check if IMEI on the box matches the one on the back of the phone itself.
    3. Check serial number, and validate warranty coverage on Apple's self-solve page.
    4. Get a receipt. Insist on it.

3. magnus

magnus Active Member

oo mura. mapapamura ka. meron naman authorized resellers sa greenhills. greenhills pa din.

always check if sealed pa ng plastic ang box at meron ntc sticker sa labas ng box. pag meron pwede na siguro yun, at check serial/imei kung activated na or not.

4. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

5. zero.

zero. Active Member

Careful with the tiangge electronics stalls, if the difference is just few thousand pesos, better go to an authorized reseller.

Why? For peace of mind.

6. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

i was about to suggest for you to check out the marketplace, but looks like you're not qualified yet. I think the marketplace is the safest way to get apple products :)

7. carlozesteban

carlozesteban Member

haha.. tama, mapapamura ka nga. ganyan nangyari sakin dati nung sinabi mismo nung seller na may stall sa GH na nagrereseal sila ng units... meron din isa pa from online selling site, tinanong ko dati kung nagrereseal sila ng items nila, di na sinagot ibang tanong ko, basta sinabi na lang na "naku, ndi sir!"

better pa rin yung pag check kung activated na, or not, yung unit pero pinaka maganda nga is bumili sa authorized reseller kung b/new.

i would say safe too, but still with caution. ;)

8. Ibelgaufts

Ibelgaufts Member

just wondering: "there was this store"
    which store? or is it against any kind of rules if you named it? If so, then the rules are certainly wrong.
    But thanks for informing the community.
    Horst

9. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

the stalls at the third floor of virra mall greenhills sell legitimate (but gray market) apple products, that's for sure...the only difference with those being sold at btb and i-studio is that you can haggle prices with the sellers (but not much, tho' definitely much less than those sold by resellers)

i don't need to warn you tho' that those being sold at the tiangge area are no doubt of questionable quality, i.e. opened, pre-owned, defective, etc.

let's not denigrate those who sell legitimate apple products other than those apple resellers just because they aren't the latter...

10. piedad

piedad Well-Known Member

Be careful about warranty. They will say "service warranty" but that is totally different from "parts and service warranty". "service warranty" only is practically useless as parts are very expensive.

11. magnus

magnus Active Member

Services from their own stall and you need to pay for the parts. (coming from locked iPhones that cannot be sold, you know why)

12. jasonub

jasonub Member

Bought a 4s a long time ago sa tiangge. Ok naman for 2 months then nawala wifi.

Read that its a common problem with the 4 and 4s.

Had a 4 but sold it when i got the 4s. The 4 came from globe and i thought i would get a 4s since my contract has not ended yet and wanted the 4s badly.

Big mistake. so i waited till my contract expired using the defective 4s. And then recontracted and got a 5s and sold the defective 4s at a low price.

I have 11 or 10 months left then ill get the 6 + and sell the 5s.

Both the 4 and 5s from globe are flawless and very cheap compared to the open lines you buy outside.

With globe i understand you can have your phone unlocked after your contract so you can sell an unlocked 5s at a very good price, or keep it when you want to use it in another country or want another telecom provider

13. Whitelighter11

mahirap talaga bumili sa greenhills. dinadaya na nila para lang kumita.

14. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

They call it resealed units. If you have the money to buy bnew units i suggest get it from a trusted store beyond the box power mac etc that can provide warranty and peace of mind or tight budget? Try looking @ philmug market place most of the iphone 6/5s sold used are like bnew naman

15. Ravenmd

Ravenmd Member

AM not sure if this is the right forum but in buying 2nd hand Apple products.. how do we check for iCloud issues? Just try to sign in our Apple ID right? If it does successfully then it's okay?

16. bhoyetjumpay

first thing first check activation lock status :)

17. Ravenmd

Ravenmd Member

^^ Thank you Sir Bhoyet!! So when it's off.. it's all gonna be okay, right?

18. bhoyetjumpay

yup, it's gonna be alright and okay :)

p.s. don't call me sir. i'm just a regular guy who wants to help fellow muggers:)

19. camillelala

camillelala New Member

Hi. I bought an iphone at lazada and it was from sahara telecoms. I read post that they sell brand new phones. I would like reassurance from this matter. Thanks in advance

20. gonefishing8

gonefishing8 Member

I have a suki in GH where I get all my brand new FU iPhones with NTC sticker. Actually, one or two Lang naman talaga Ang suppliers ng mga GH tiange so they are basically getting units from same suppliers.

Last time when I bought my IP6 I texted my suki and said I want a 64G space gray and she said it's available so had it reserve and went the next day. Only to find out it came from US which the model has only 1 or was it 2 LTE bands that compatible here. So I declined and asked for the OZ model which is the same model smart is using. She looked around and found the model I wanted but in silver. The kicker is since I'm a suki I got it on the same price and it has NTC sticker to boot.

So next step I did is went switch store and asked if my phone was indeed has an valid apple warranty gave them the SN# and they confirmed warranty is valid for a year from the day I activated it. I also asked them if it is FU since I wasn't able to test it while in GH. they also confirm the same.

what I'm driving at is. Not all tiange store in GH is scammer.

You just have to know what you are buying. Don't let your eagerness and excitement to own and get your new gadget even if it didn't conform with your personal standard.

What I like about GH is they accept trade-ins. I know trade-in price is low but for someone like me who doesn't have the time, patience and energy to sell my old phones/gadgets online. I find it more convenient to just trade it in and just pay the difference.