Warning for those who will buy Apple products in Greenhills

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by omarsytan, Aug 8, 2011.

1. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^yes, that's correct...

2. King Julius

King Julius New Member

Kabibili ko lang ng secondhand iPad Air 2 16GB sa greenhills for 14k only yesterday, Meron siyang mga dents but not noticeable at all. Yeah mabilis nga siya walang icloud issue at all, Parang brand new talaga siya, Yung earphone, charging ok rin, pati yung Wifi connection at Battery Test umaabot naman ng 10 hours minsan isang buong araw basta walang GAMES aabot yan ng 2 days. kaso T_T wala na yung WARRANTY niya expired na raw :( Ang sabi pa nung seller nabili lang last month eh obvius naman kahit may maliliit na dents its obvious na ginamit na siya ng almost 2 years...

1. If your planning to buy Second hand apple, make sure na wala na yung iCloud accont nung dating may ari
    2. Check if Activation Lock is OFF
    3. Reset
    4. Sign your iCloud account, why( kasi once na hindi mo na sign in yung iCloud account mo, para ikaw na mismo ang mag Lo Lock sa device.

3. King Julius

King Julius New Member

You can always check If the Apple Product you bought in greenhills is still covered by waranty https://checkcoverage.apple.com/ph/en/

4. neilc

neilc Active Member

I never patronise Greenhills when it comes to getting a brand new phone or even pre-owned. Got one iPhone 3GS before that they say was brand new. I then got a new case for it that has a hole to show the Apple logo at the back. When I tried the case, the logo was not centered so I complained that the case is not authentic. They tried it on other phones. Lo and behold, the logo was at the center! That was the last time I bought phones in Greenhills.

raypin likes this.
  5. MedTech2016

MedTech2016 New Member

Hi! are you guys familiar sa Don's Iphone Shop in facebook? online seller po cia and has a physical store dw sa theatermall greenhills. If any of u knows this store, are the iphone products they are selling are legit and trusted? Thank you

6. mysterio

mysterio Well-Known Member

When dealing with these sellers, it's always best to be able to visit the store personally, which from your profile isn't easy given you aren't based in Metro Manila.

7. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

There are actually some tiangge sellers who really sell brand new and un-activated units at below SRP prices. Whenever someone asks me to look for a cheap but brand new iPhone for them, I have a "suki" tiangge seller who I inquire. Although I think these types of trustworthy tiangge sellers are the exception. Still, if one is in a tight budget, GH tiangge sellers are still a viable source. And with enough research and diligence to know what red flags to look out, getting a great deal in these types of sellers are still very much possible

8. ll_esquivias

ll_esquivias Active Member

best time to do is get the imei or serial and have it check to Apple Store upstairs --- 3rd flr Virramall.

neilc likes this.
  9. neilc

neilc Active Member

You can also go to the apple website to check.