V-Mall staff not answering phones

Discussion in 'Beyond The Box' started by archon, Dec 12, 2016.

1. archon

archon New Member

I am reluctantly posting this complaint here, but after spending four hours trying to call V-Mall yesterday without any answer, I think I have no choice but to bring this to your attention since I know Beyond the Box staff and owner Sir Charlie would frequent this part of the forums.

I wanted to purchase a Lightning to SD card reader connector for my iPhone yesterday and was nearest then to the V-Mall branch. I called from 2:00pm to 6:00pm numerous times to the numbers indicated on your website.

I tried these two numbers so many times I could not count exactly unless I check with my phone bill when it arrives.

The number 02 571 4447, would ring until I get the unattended voice prompt from Globe. In other instances the phone would be picked up quickly, I'd hear ambient store noises on the other end, but would immediately be put down and the call ended. Some instances the phone would be busy.

The number 02 661 4831 is on fax tone, sometimes it would be busy as well.

At no single time during the past four hours did I get through with a live person at your V-Mall branch.

I called your other branches and they all answer quickly within one to three rings but they would be out of the way or would not have stock. I called Galleria branch once and got an actual person to answer the call and confirm the availability of the item I needed. I went ahead and purchased from Galleria though it was out of the way. The staff in Galleria was very accommodating, they actually answer the phone or makes sure the phones are working.

2. DarkHalf

DarkHalf Active Member

I have to reluctantly agree with this observation. I had same problem when I was trying to purchase an iPhone 6s+ last September. I ended up buying in BTB Rockwell (VERY out of the way).

3. Kleithxx

Kleithxx PhilMUG Addict Member

I experienced this a month ago when I need to ask for the available stocks of iPhone 7 Plus at their branch because I always buy at BTB Vmall... but they won't answer my calls. I am calling them from Bataan pa and I need to talk to them before I go and spend money on gas, in the end we bought sa ibang branch na lang. So sad lang knowing na before, they answer calls promptly but recently, iniiwasan na nila. :(

4. manerdie

manerdie Active Member

experienced the same thing last week

5. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

How can they answer the phones, when they are too busy chatting away with each other. I noticed every time i drop by vmall is that when you enter you are greeted multiple times with "welcome to beyond the box" with a silly tone like they were programmed to do so, very impersonal. Haha getting off topic here.

Anyway, i love how century mall staff is so polite and answers the phone after 2-3 rings.

Japs likes this.
  6. macsurge730

macsurge730 PhilMUG Addict Member

Just as how many times I did call them last Sunday to confirm if I can get the unit na.
    IMG_4557.jpg

Someone answered the phone but never spoke. I ended up risking going there with the chances that my reserved unit is there.

I got the unit naman. But when I asked them about their hotlines, they said, nagloloko daw. I wonder why "nagloloko line" is so tagal na and the line is not yet repaired.

7. archon

archon New Member

They should at least give notice that phones are not working in a particular branch and post it here and on their website.

I don't buy the 'nagloloko kasi' excuse. There are ways to inform your customers if phones are down.

8. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

At Beyond The Box Rockwell, I had the same problem once, I went to the store, dialed the number, the phone rang 6 times, told the lady the phone was ringing, when she said hello, I replied "It's me, the guy in a blue shirt, finally someone answered the phone, but I'm here na din" (I'll search for it in case I posted about it, LOL)

ronjet, Sunil_K and porkypork like this.
  9. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

still can't beat Uniqlo on this :) lol

jayparalejas and archon like this.
  10. jayparalejas

Spot on!

11. se sie

se sie New Member

i experienced the same thing when i drop by last week at v mall and inquiring about iphone 6s and 7 plus the girl sound so impatient when you inquire..

Sunil_K and jayparalejas like this.
  12. docjbr

Dropped by Beyond The Box One Rockwell around 9:00PM.

Asked about getting an iPad Air 128GB wifi in Gold, and the guy i asked said, "Naku sir, puro 32GB na lang po available, mahirap na stock yung gold." Sabay type type sa keyboard, points at something sa screen, scratches head.

"Iwan na lang po kayo ng number niyo, tawagan na lang po namin kayo kung magkaron ng available stock."

I asked if aabot kaya ng Valentine's, was planning to give it as a gift, he said, try na lang bumalik bukas sa store to get an update.

Knowing that BTB Resort's World closes at 12MN, I asked him, to try and call BTB RW, and ask if there's an available one there. I can go head over there, since it was Sunday night, it'd be an easy drive.

Guy stands up, sige sir, check ko po kung may available sa stockroom.

2 minutes later, comes back with the iPad Air. In Gold. Wifi. Wadayaknow, biglang meron.

ü

ericb, MFD888 and jayparalejas like this.
  13. jayparalejas

hahaha

14. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

Oh wow! What is happening to btb?!

15. Netskipper

Netskipper PhilMUG Addict Member

Sad to hear about this. BTB used to be the standard when it comes to service. They were very responsive whether email or phone call. I do hope what's happening now is just temporary.

jayparalejas likes this.
  16. docjbr

For the record:

1. I didn't name drop, na "friend ko sa PhilMUG" si Charlie, LOL
    2. Yes, I've eaten at PhilMUG parties. No, I did not ask for a PhilMUG discount for the iPad

Not complaining about the service. Just found it amusing

Edelheid and jayparalejas like this.
  17. jayparalejas

I surely hope so! Emails are replied weeks on average. phones unattended or cannot be reached bec. of the cc terminals. Gosh I miss abet. since he left btb, customer service and inquiries changed for the worst

18. docjbr

For the record, I called BTB Resort's World last night at 9:30PM. Someone answered after 3 rings, and she was quick to answer, when I asked if they had an iPad Pro 12.9 in Space Grey in 256GB. When I was about to say thank you, she suggested that I can keep it "reserved'' for 24 hours, which I found really nice. At 6:00PM this evening, she gave me a call and asked if I was still planning to get it, because there was a customer interested in getting the unit. She said she still wanted to give me first dibs on it. I appreciated the gesture, and gave it up since I wasn't sure what time I'd make to Resort's World, and the customer already made an effort to go there. Just giving props to the good service I encountered.

Now back to hunting a 256GB Space Grey iPad Pro again... (Wala daw kasi sa Beyond The Box Rockwell :D)

chrisgel and ericb like this.