UPS with USB port/ethernet for shutdown signal for connected devices

Discussion in 'Third-party Accessories' started by bacchus_3, Apr 23, 2016.

1. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Anyone knows a supplier of UPS that has USB port or ethernet cable (as Network UPS server) here in Metro Manila? PCExpress, Octagon and Gilmore St is hit or miss. I got my first one from PCExpress but only good for 2 outlets. Need at least 3 for my PS4, a media server and router.

2. oj88

oj88 Well-Known Member

If your current UPS still has enough capacity, you can keep it and just add this if the outlet on the unit is the IEC-type:

[​IMG]

If it already has a US plug, get one of these or a 2- or 3-way extension cord (three-pronged, if you/'re particular about earth grounding).

[​IMG]

3. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 Well-Known Member

I need it on another location so adapters won't suffice.

4. oj88

oj88 Well-Known Member

A couple of hits off TipidPC.com:

https://tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=39325978
    https://tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=39369581

PCHub and DynaquestPC are my go-to shops for computer-related parts and equipment.

FWIW, I use an APC Smart-UPS 700VA with a network interface card (bought used from eBay) for my media server, firewall, switch, and an access point. I then use cheaper/'dumb' 650VA UPSes made by Intex to power up a secondary switch, additional access points and a backup NAS.

5. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

I got mine from PCworx. APC Back UPS 1100 with USB port.

bacchus_3 likes this.