Turn AirPort off or on ???

Discussion in 'Mac Mini, iMac & Mac Pro' started by pajamas_001, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pajamas_001

pajamas_001 Member

Hey guy,

Newbie here just got my mbpro last month and enjoy it to the max. :) and i also got the sun
    plan for 799SBW and the speed its ok just okay. Anywho I have my Airport off since i wont
    used it now would it be safe to have it off or on? and will I have issue connect to hotspots or free wifi etc if I keep it off ?

Thanks guys if this is already posted pls delete :)

2. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

if you turn it off, of course you wouldn't have access to wifi hotspots (i.e. you cannot connect)... however, if you'll just be using your internet stick, that should run fine since it's running on 3G.

Just go ahead and toggle with it as you need... you can turn it off when not in use to conserve battery and hardware operation.

hth

3. pajamas_001

pajamas_001 Member

Make sense cybersniper :) Thanks

4. NeilJohn

NeilJohn Active Member

OT: In case you want to share your internet connection to your other idevices or your friends' laptops at a coffee shop perhaps, you can keep it on and share it as well.

5. meee

meee Member

turn it off so the battery last long

6. pajamas_001

pajamas_001 Member

With my internet speed it would just upset the device I am sharing with haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.