Tribute to iPod Classic

Discussion in 'Non-iOS iPods' started by SE20, Sep 10, 2014.

1. airmax32

airmax32 Member

I still use my ipod :)

2. Flex Villa

Flex Villa Member

Where can I buy a brand new iPod classic here in the Philippines?

3. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

i still have the ipod classic (iPod Photo) 4th gen circa 2004 alive and kicking...

4. lsalapare

lsalapare Well-Known Member

I have the last gen of iPod classic always seated & connected to the USB post of my car..

5. zoo101

zoo101 Well-Known Member

my ipod classic died last night as i was charging it. its no longer responsive, no display, no error message, no nothing. i dont know where to start with the trouble shooting.

i was looking at the nano line of ipod's but 16gb just wouldn't cut it; i use ALAC file format so capacity is a primary concern. the ipod touch on the other hand is just too big; form factor being a secondary yet equally important concern.

any alternatives?

6. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mmm.....outside of the Nano and the iPod Touch, a good value alternative would be the Fiio line of products, in particular the Fiio X1, which supports Apple Lossless (ALAC). Very good price (around 6K or less), a small form factor and up to 128 GB memory support. The design is iPod Classic inspired.

http://www.fiio.net/en/products/18

Btt: my iPod Classic still works flawlessly, always docked with the Theorem 720 amp/dac:

WP_20151228_16_36_07_Rich (3) () [6081724].jpg

#106 raypin, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    zoo101 and lsalapare like this.
  7. mmanson

mmanson Member

do you guys know where i can get a hard drive replacement for an ipod classic? tried looking for one in greenhills but to no avail :(

8. zoo101

zoo101 Well-Known Member

@raypin
    as always Sir, thank you so much for your recommendation. btw, im enjoying my Grado e80 that i picked up based on your recommendation as well :thumbsup:

raypin likes this.
  9. Derek dela cruz

Derek dela cruz New Member

Pls. Help, i just Dropped my ipod classic 120gb as i was about to attach the charger, it slipped out of its case, it's only about a foot from the floor though, so no visible damage, but unfortunately, i wasnt able to use it since, it remained locked, the wheel pad is not responding and the screen turned into a bit blue in color, do you think it can still be repaired? What possibly was the affected part? Appreciate your help, thanks!