Tribute to iPod Classic

Discussion in 'Non-iOS iPods' started by SE20, Sep 10, 2014.

1. k1ng_archer

k1ng_archer Member

i have iPod nano before, the one wherein it has a radio and camera, but since i have iPod Touch that time, i sold it.

2. iroddd

iroddd Member

You have an idea what the price range is?

3. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

I saw stocks at Digital Walker ATC and Sw!tch ATC as well. Both the white and the black.

By this time, I believe the iPod Classic will fall under the classification NOS (new old stock), meaning unsold, unused, unopened old inventory of a discontinued product. However, I believe too, that Apple will still honour the one-year warranty. In the event of warranty claims, Apple may replace a qualified iPod Classic with another iPod of similar peso/dollar value

I wanted one two months ago, after Apple announced it was dropping the model. However, I thought that the consumer market is changing and that the need for huge storage in personal music devices is diminishing. Unless you intend to live in the Himalayas, or you're a professional DJ with a need to store your remixes, I believe the age of stored music is slowly giving way to 'streamed' music. Personally, I like Spotify because it gives me instant playlists depending on my mood or occasion. And, Spotify seems to have on board a team of good music curators because the playlists appear to be spot-on.

Now, the above paragraph is also a foreboding of the future of iTunes's core business — selling downloadable music and videos. Like the CD and DVD/BD, that business model may eventually disappear. I hope iTunes strengthens its Radio component and give happy Spotify users compelling reason to stay with iTunes.

4. Nikkio96

Nikkio96 Active Member

I unearthed the box of my first ever iPod. Click wheel, b&w screen, hooked up to a PC (as I was yet to get my first Mac!) brings back a lot of good memories :)

[​IMG]

5. tidus1203

tidus1203 Member

WOW! I just love the old packaging of Apple unlike the very minimalist designs we get these days...

6. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

^^ Ah the 1st click wheel iPod classic. I have the same (from Dec 2004, i think). Makes me want to look for it now :)

meantime, here's our 30gb classic & 2006 red nano (apple's very 1st product red!, this one's a keeper):

[​IMG]

#86 Theus, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  7. ApexiNEO

ApexiNEO New Member

Purchased (July 2014) an iPod Classic 6th Gen (2nd Rev) - My very 1st (and last) iPod Classic! :rolleyes:

8. speeds

speeds Active Member

Bought a flawless 2nd hand 160 iPod Classic for 5.5k. Anyone knows where to find a case for it.

9. aurea

aurea Member

I bought my iPod Classic 160GB in 2012, and I hope it lives forever! It's just that -- a classic -- and I love it.

@speeds -- I didn't have time to look for a case in the local stores, so I got my case from Amazon. It's a transparent case with a window for the wheel and the brand is Incase. It does a great job of protecting my iPod and I haven't had to remove it since I put it on.

10. speeds

speeds Active Member

Finally got a silicone case for my classic from the DW booth at the BPI sale in SMX

11. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

What the click-wheel iPod does better than any iOS device: control volume.

With the newer devices, one click up could make it a bit too loud, one click down could make it not loud enough. With the old click wheel, you can fine tune the level so that it's just right.

12. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

I agree with you to a certain extent but since the touch screen volume slider is there for the iPod Touch, iPhone, & iPads which pretty much duplicates what the click wheel could do, I don't miss that function of the click wheel too much

13. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

found it! :redface: reunited with our 10-year old click wheel. got it Dec 2004, our first iPod.

this is apple's first ever click wheel iPod classic (4th gen). IM3 also 10 years old.

[​IMG]

14. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

15. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

16. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

6 years ago a friend tried to sell to me his mint, never opened first gen iPod, the one with the firewire interface, for 5K. Now I regret not buying it!

Flex Villa likes this.
  17. macxchange

macxchange Well-Known Member

Another classic tribute:

The iPod Hifi:

[​IMG]

18. yazzie19

yazzie19 Member

My little treasures ^_^

added another ipod nano 7th gen (got it as a gift) and an ipod shuffle 4th gen (not in the image)

i almost forgot i bought an ipod nano 1st gen in good condition yesterday for a steal price,went straight to powermac sc and have it replaced (ipod nano 1st gen replacement program) ^_^

[​IMG]

19. lsalapare

lsalapare Well-Known Member

Swapped my bnew iPad mini for a 2nd hand iPod classic. Happy Kid!! :)

20. cookies

cookies Member

DIY changing battery of my ipod classic 5thgen 30gb

[​IMG]
    photo hosting

i will also revive my old ipod classic 4th gen if if find some replacement battery ;)