Tribute to iPod Classic

Discussion in 'Non-iOS iPods' started by SE20, Sep 10, 2014.

1. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

Upon the announcement of the iPhone 6 and 9 Plus, the iPod Classic disappeared from the Apple Store. Presumably it's now history.

Let's do a little tribute.

I've owned, loved, and used my Classic almost every day for the last 8 years.
    I liked that I could operate it without looking at it.
    I liked its simplicity.
    I needed its capacity.

To add, it was the first product with an "i" prefix - and that nomenclature is history now, too.

Apple better get a 128GB Touch to the market.

2. Jess

Jess Well-Known Member

the iPod Classic was rightfully name as such because it was CLASSIC! it is one of my favorite Apple product. got mine at a bargain thru a fellow mugger.

#2 Jess, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  3. ice

ice Well-Known Member

My iPod Classic was the first Apple device I owned!

It was actually a surprise from my wife...

I remember the days when I was using it for my flights and my seatmates were so amazed that my device can store multiple Movies/TV Series!

4. CruciaL

CruciaL Well-Known Member

My iPod Classic got scratched pretty bad, so I just scratched it all the way

[​IMG]

:D

5. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

A moment of silence for the very first Apple product that i bought with my own 1 month salary way back 2005. :(

6. mokmoki

mokmoki Well-Known Member

ah, the apple product that i always envied but never owned. for my entire college years, i have been saving-up my allowance for an iPod classic but I always had to spend the funds somewhere else for some sort of "emergency".

by the time i started earning my own money, flash storage was big enough that the 160gb storage didn't appeal as much anymore. cheers to the iconic click wheel, may you never be forgotten. :)

7. macsurge730

macsurge730 Well-Known Member

My first iPod is the 30GB U2 Edition. Then, I got the 160GB silver partnered with iFusion Portable Speaker. I sold them when iPod Touch was released and from there started the iPhone 3G until now the 5s and the iPad 1, 2, iPad mini 1 and iPad mini Retina and all the Macs that I owned.

Indeed, this humble device,iPod Classic, had introduced me to all of these other Apple Devices.

Thanks for this thread. I also remember using this as my external HD. ;)

8. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

This is mine… the 5th generation (2006) iPod with Video Enhanced in 80 gb, black, that's working well and devoid of any scratches (front or back). Definitely a keeper. I might even get the 160 gb iPod Classic as a souvenir.

[​IMG]

9. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

ipod (5th generation) was also my first apple device. a 30 gb and black color. i remember converting lost episodes from .avi to .mp4 :cool:

10. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

My 1st apple product.

11. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mmm.....perhaps an Apple/Beats-inspired DAP is in the cards (probably in the next iTunes-centric Apple event). Headphones, in-ears PLUS Beats DAP makes eminent sense to me. My 160 GB iPod Classic occupies a place of pride in my stable of high-performance DAPs.

12. PowerPee

PowerPee Well-Known Member

I got mine about a year and a half ago or so... classic! I love it... :)

13. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

14. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

15. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Ot: mmm.....yeah, the X5 is a pretty good DAP and one of the cheapest way to get your DSD fix.

16. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

just got an iPod Classic from BTB.

17. doughn

doughn Active Member

will be definetly become a collector's item. i will be keeping mine :)

bye iPod classic.... bye click wheel :(

18. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

My 2005 iPod with video 60gb died earlier this year after almost 9 years of faithful service. Good thing I got an iPod Classic 180gb in 2011 as a back up. I attribute the iPod for making me convert to the Apple ecosphere having acquired my first iPod in 2003. A dozen or so IPods later, there's no looking back for me.

19. VicB

VicB Well-Known Member

Same as my device. My wife bought it as a present since I was traveling a lot on business back in the day. Used it more for videos than music, in fact. Like @ice, got a lot of looks & queries about it when they saw I was watching videos. The videos went to the iPad when it came out.

The iPod to this day is still my main music device. Nothing beats its simplicity & size. MY only regret is that I never got the 160gb as I was waiting for a 128gb iPod Touch.

Hope the next iPod Touch will be the same size & capacity as the iP6.

20. oj88

oj88 Well-Known Member

I got my first and only iPod, a Classic 120GB in 2010. It's been in the car ever since semi-permanently plugged-in to my HU. I have taken it for granted all these years and only cared about that it starts playing my music when I click play on the HU. I only take it out to add songs.

But in light of recent events, I think it's high time I give the little fella some time in the sun.