Travel Pocket WiFi

Discussion in 'Travel' started by yoh_hectic, Mar 26, 2017.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm... + 100. My choice: CSL in HK and Singtel in SG for fast, reliable connection and more than enough data allowance plus free local calls. Also, many hotels have Handy smartphones (usually a Samsung) that hotel guests can use for free.

2. testdummy

testdummy Member

I used it for my Osaka trip last Feb. It worked fine for me, no problems encountered. Used it again for my European trip last month and it worked well too for that trip.

theadvocate_ivan likes this.
  3. trigo

trigo Well-Known Member

in SG they have this tourist sim that has a promo of 100gb for 1 week use.

i also tried PAL skyroam, they have a promo of 4G @ 390/day for US... been using it and it is quite good coz the battery life can last 8 hours...

4. theadvocate_ivan

Appreciate the feedback!

5. quicksilver

quicksilver Member

On my recent 30 day trip to Europe, I bought an EE SIM for 25pounds in London which was good for 30 days unlimited text and 5GB data. I was able to surf the net, posted on Instagram and Facebook, etc. throughout my trip. On this trip, I covered France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, and of course the UK. It worked out to Php50 per day and I still had 1GB left when I boarded the plane back to Manila after one month.

SE20 likes this.
  6. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Anyone that recently traveled to the US? Which sim did you get that gave you the best data plan? Won't be able to bring a second phone, but thinking about buying a pocket wifi.