The US visa thread (applications, renewals, etc.)

Discussion in 'Travel' started by topaz, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

I tried doing it in the office today, and it still showed the same pages. My secretary found out that you can also call the embassy for appointments. That one worked.

2. siroj

siroj New Member

sa mga may dalang car saan nyo po iniwan ung car key? di ba ung mga car key ngayon kasama na ung remote..sabi kasi ng iba pede sa loob ng US embassy and ung iba di daw pede...tnx

#402 siroj, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  3. cybersniper

cybersniper Well-Known Member

^I never thought about that :) - My car key was just in my pocket when we went there last year.

4. mree

mree Active Member

I had mine with me. They didn't have any problems with it except for the tiny led flashlight that's in the keyring. Totally forgot that I had it. Since it has batteries, they asked me to throw it out.

5. wippy

wippy Member

hi guys, did anyone get 15 years multiple entry visa?

6. jbfirefly

jbfirefly Active Member

Is there such a thing? I thought 10 years was the max for regular visas.

7. wippy

wippy Member

that's what i know too. but apparently, my friend got 15 years daw. applied last year nov/dec.

8. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

No such thing as a 15-year US visa. If you google the subject the maximum is still 10 years.

9. siroj

siroj New Member

need you help.. tomorrow na interview namin and di namin nalagyan ng middle name.. closed and embassy ngayon (holiday).. paano gawin namin.. tnx

10. penmanila

Staff Member

Nothing else you can do but just go there and bring your documents, especially your birth certificates. The important thing is to get your foot in the door so you can explain your case.

11. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

hey amigos! this might sound like a silly question but i'll ask it nonetheless. does travelling to Guam count as a US trip per se? reason i'm asking is, though i have a 10 year visa, mine's about to expire by December... and i haven't even flown at least once to the US! haha!

i was thinking of having my passport "marked" by flying over to Guam for a short weekend trip so when i renew, the visa officer won't have that judging look in his/her eyes thinking: "give me one good reason we should approve you when you haven't even visited the US even for once."

i've never done so coz i've never really been that much of a traveller until recently. besides, a 2-way ticket to the US isn't as cheap as flying over to say, Japan. so there.

although if Guam sounds iffy, i could probably just go big before my visa expires and fly off to Alaska, get to experience some dog sled riding while i'm at it. i'd appreciate your advice.

#411 pochiman, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  12. penmanila

Staff Member

Yes, Guam is US territory. I spent a night there once on a stopover to Texas. I'd suggest you go for the mainland. If it's your first time in the US you might as well go to California and pig out on American pop culture. Guam is famous for its snakes and all you might end up getting froM your US sortie is a nasty snakebite ;)

Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  13. fink

fink Member

^ Yes, I also got granted a 10 year visa for visiting Guam. The visa fee was more expensive than the RT tickets!

14. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

thanks @penmanila and @fink !!! i'll start checking out for a promo / 50% flights while i still have a year on my visa... soon as one opens this year, i'll be sure to book one for the mainland just to be sure. Alaska!!! seems like a fun place to go to... isn't this like the last frontier as far as the US is concerned?

15. penmanila

Staff Member

If the budget is a consideration then I'd suggest you stick to the major Pacific gateways like LAX, SFO and SEA because it's going to cost you several hundred dollars more to fly out to a place like Anchorage.

Also I can think of a hundred places more fun than Alaska, unless you really like dogsledding.

And let's move this discussion to the US travel thread, as it's hijacking the visa thread, thanks!

suavecito likes this.
  16. siroj

siroj New Member

visa got approved yesterday.. ok na ung middle name pwede pala ipaayos sa pre srceen window :)..

17. fuge

fuge Member

My visa will expire this October.

Anyone tried to renew their visa via "The Interview Waiver “Drop Box” Program"?

18. h2obaby

h2obaby Member

My husband got approved yesterday (first-time applicant!) and he received an SMS today that his passport was ready for pick-up. I helped him fill out his application form but I don't remember specifying whether for pick-up or delivery. Can you guys enlighten me? The last time I went through this process was in 2009 pa and things were so different then. I just remember going to the embassy and then the passports arriving at home some time after. Thanks!

19. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

When you paid the VISA through BPI, did you specify delivery or pick up? Can you access your form online and see? If you got an sms that says ready for pick up, then it's for pick up. If it's delivery, they don't send sms messages.

20. h2obaby

h2obaby Member

Thanks! BPI didn't ask actually. The SMS he received didn't specify where to pickup either so that got us confused. But it's okay now, the messenger just called to inform us he's delivering it today. Turnaround time of 2 days after interview. That was pretty fast!