The new MacBook (2015)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by docnico, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Calhoun

Calhoun Active Member

How does one buy from the Apple SG store?

2. imart

imart PhilMUG Addict Member

Typically, we'd recommend our friends to seek favor from someone trusted who's visiting Singapore to purchase the item online and bring it home to Manila. Also, an SG-based kin/friend, who's flying to Manila soon, is another option - placing hope that they're willing to carry one for you.

Just a sidenote, items purchased from the Apple SG online store are not eligible for the 7% GST (Goods and Services Tax) Refund. If you're aiming for the latest models available in the retail store or authorized resellers, you may be entitled for the tax refund, which might be sufficient to pay for a quick trip here in Singapore; subject to airfare, accommodation and other trip essentials.

3. neldeles

neldeles Active Member

For those with Macbooks here, any one able to set their external monitor to 1080p hidpi or higher? right now I'm only able to set it to standard 1080p and the resolution is subpar. Max hidpi resolution for me is 1280x720.

I'm connected to the external monitor via the Apple multi vga adaptor (usb, usb-c, vga).

4. mackulit

mackulit Member

My relatively new macbook (early 2016 model) just died. Logic board failure. :cry: Just used it for almost 2 years - my newest mac is the first one to die. So now I have 2 options - go to Ynzal to get it repaired (estimate is 27K to 32K) and continue to use it OR get it repaired and sell it (and buy a chromebook). I am still using my 2012 mac mini right now - a reliable beast anyway. Hope you guys can share your thoughts.

BTW, I have no idea why the logic board failed, no spills. I can only think that a power surge may have caused it.

5. enuhski

enuhski Active Member

That sucks :( I think you should use the funds to buy a new Macbook or a new Chromebook instead.