The new MacBook (2015)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by aragorn_109, Mar 10, 2015.

1. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

Nah, didn't even notice it was there. It sure looked like it had self healing capabilities if you could call it that coz the material looked kinda cushy plastic? Malleable... Looked kinda makunat in a good way. But do make sure you have the staff installing it align it perfectly the first time using the top lid and face time cam as your pattern. I had to have him re.adjust it a 2nd time which honestly was kind of a hassle coz i only noticed the slight misalignment after he was already done installing it.

Best to get it on one of these November Wednesdays if you can spare the traffic time and in case you have a BDO Visa. Minimum of a 3k cumulative/single purchase to avail of the promo. Sayang din. I just couldn't wait till Wednesday and i didn't wanna run the risk of it along with the UAG MB 12" case i got running out of stock as is usually the case (pun intended) as of late.

#881 pochiman, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  2. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Member

Thanks for the insightful info.

3. jelight

jelight New Member

Thank you Pards! (y)

4. pochiman

^anything for the philmug faithful! oh and just in case you plan on using a citibank card, they have this promo at BTB Century Mall wherein if your purchase price is at least 50k and you have it charged at a 12 month term (max), you get a free Urbanears Hellas bluetooth headset valued at around 4+++. do call in advance for availability.

REDcrazy and Sunil_K like this.
  5. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Member

Heads up guys! Usb c adapters/dongles from apple are now marked down.

6. Calhoun

Calhoun Member

I saw! Will the local resellers lower their prices immediately kaya? :)

7. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Member

Fingers crossed! haha

8. isee12dots

isee12dots Member

what brand is it? i also want a screen protector for my late 2013 rMBP. century mall is far but ill try looking at other BTBs

9. pochiman

i'm sorry amigo i can't check it right now; i'm out of the country at the moment... kindly call your preferred BTB outlet for branding inquiries please. thanks!

10. Kleithxx

Kleithxx Active Member

Just now, parang nagiba yung feeling ng pagppress sa delete button ko. Parang nastuck siya, mas lalong bumabaw. Should I bring this sa service center or may fix dito?

11. kenshinx

kenshinx Active Member

Guys, do you know a reseller selling MacBook Pro (2015) at 24 months 0% interest with Metrobank Card?

12. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

It's a common issue with this MB...unless it does affect your typing, then just leave it be...if it does, then a trip to Ynzal or any service center should do it...

13. Kleithxx

Kleithxx Active Member

It does affect my typing kasi sa lower part siya which is yung abot ng fingers ko while typing but okay na nagawa ko po siya hehe salamat!

hitme64 likes this.
  14. HiluxVigo04

HiluxVigo04 Member

Merry Christmas to all!! I would just like to ask on what USB C to card reader did you guys use? I am having a hard time importing photos to my macbook. :( Thanks in advance!

15. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Member

happy holidays!
    came across this one a while back.

mcdodo usb c card reader from lazada php900

Attached Files:

16. HiluxVigo04

HiluxVigo04 Member

Does it always work? or are there times that it doesn't? I bought a CDR king USB C to usb C and it doesn't always work with the USB A to card reader (which is also a Cdr king brand) I was having a hard time looking for card readers like the one you've suggested. :( Thank you!!

17. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Member

it does work.

dont buy cdrking stuff! haha they rarely work

18. Rscb

Rscb Member

Hi folks, can I use the Apple Care intended for MBP/MBA on the Macbook?

19. HiluxVigo04

HiluxVigo04 Member

Hahaha, okay, thanks for the suggestion!

20. Jim2

Jim2 New Member

I have a 2015 Macbook which I use daily in the office. I've had it for a little over a year. In the office, I usually charge it when the battery level drops to around 40%-50%. At the end of the workday, I just close the lid and keep the Macbook in my bag until the following workday. I believe the Energy Saver settings are at their default settings.

The other day, to my surprise, when I took out the Macbook from my bag, it was quite warm. And when I opened the lid, the Macbook was unresponsive and would not power up. I remember it was fully charged when I last used it the day before. I plugged it for several hours and tried other troubleshooting measures (e.g., pressing the power button for 10 secs, resetting the SMC), but it was still not working/powering up.

I plan to bring the Macbook in for repairs by the supplier, but I just wanted to ask - has anyone experienced something like this before? I saw an earlier post in this thread from another Macbook user who also had battery problems (which is what I suspect is the issue here), but I'm not sure if the circumstances were similar.

I hope the Macbook is still reparable and there won't be more *nightmares* during the repair process (especially with regard to saving/securing the data in the drive). Thanks in advance.

enki_ likes this.