The new MacBook (2015)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by aragorn_109, Mar 10, 2015.

1. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

US$1,199. Too bad the only available unit here in the Philippines is the LG 34UM95 (which PCHub is selling for Php48,430).

2. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

one of the most popular monitors is the LG 34UC97... its awesome! That i think is the newer model. a few pages back i posted a youtube video of jonathan morisson - an acer usb c monitor. instead of connecting via hdmi/dp you will use a 3.1 usb c cable. its beautiful! check it out

3. Sunil_K

the cheaper option (relatively hehe) would be the Dell U3415W. On amazon its US$700

BTW, just checked the post by ronnel0918 re the dell 2715h in dynaquest, its almost 27k cash price! thats a great price already IMO.

#843 Sunil_K, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  4. Haloghen

Haloghen New Member

Are all these monitors available locally? Any recommended shops to buy them?

5. number001

number001 Member

Dell U2715H available at PcHub, DynaQuest, etc

Even Dell U3415W @ 63,500 available

Kindly check tipidpc

Haloghen likes this.
  6. Sunil_K

Hi Haloghen. The links ronnel posted directly leads you to the tipidpc sites respectively (dynaquest and pchub).

Thats how i saw the cash price of the dell monitor.

Haloghen likes this.
  7. Haloghen

Haloghen New Member

Ok, thanks again sunil!

Sunil_K likes this.
  8. red_manila

red_manila Member

Ugh. Really fighting the urge to get one as I've let go of my iPad quite recently and I feel like I need one for a lot of reading and writing when I'm out of the house. Backreading a bit to see if that helps. Haha.

9. Sunil_K

^get one na! :D

I sold my ipad once i got the macbook.

twelve22 and red_manila like this.
  10. red_manila

red_manila Member

I should stop looking at these kinds of threads! :LOL:

Digging into mine a bit and I'm loving it so far! The butterfly switches, though... they'll take a bit of getting used to. I'll be spending lots of time on this awesome awesome machine, I can already tell. One happy camper here. ;)

Edit: Okay, well maybe if I'm disappointed with one thing, it's that I can't one-hand open the Macbook. Trade-off for being so thin maybe? I don't know, but it was the first thing I tried out. Haha

Attached Files:

#850 red_manila, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    Sunil_K likes this.
  11. mackulit

mackulit Member

Like most of you guys, I was torn between the MBA and the rMB. I tried typing on the butterfly keys for a good 5 mins in the store and noticed right away that I became more precise however, the feel was very disappointing like most of the reviews we found. I plan to use it mostly for typing in Pages and got worried if it's the right laptop for me.
    Ultimately though, I made a decision to get the rose gold rMB - who can resist the design and the retina display?
    Though the MBA felt more comfortable typing, it just looks and felt old compared to the rMB. I trust that in time, I'll get used to the feel of the new keyboard. *cross fingers

#851 mackulit, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    Sunil_K likes this.
  12. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

My macbook is gone...packed up and sent to the US of A for my daughter...

Now, is there a new one coming?

Sunil_K, airhootie and gaol like this.
  13. mackulit

mackulit Member

Here are the latest macrumors:
    "According to KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple is planning to introduce a 13-inch MacBook in the third quarter of 2016, which will allegedly join the 12-inch MacBook. While Kuo often accurately predicts new features and products, this rumor has not been backed up by additional sources and it is not clear why Apple would release two MacBooks so similar in size. It is more likely Kuo is talking about

Next-generation Kaby Lake chips appropriate for the MacBook Air launched in the fall of 2016. Because the MacBook is not due to be updated until the spring of 2017, it's unlikely we will see machines with these chips until then."

source: http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/retina-macbook-air/

There are plans for a revamped Macbook Pro coming this fall: http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/macbook-pro/
    The Macbook Air future is still uncertain, with rumors that it might be discontinued. http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/macbook-air/

14. mackulit

mackulit Member

I got my new rosegold rMB today! I love it! I'm trying to get used to the keyboard and starting to get the hang of it.
    I just have one concern. Is it normal to feel the "heat"? It's starting to feel uncomfortable to use in the lap because of the heat coming from the bottom near the screen. I am using a Laut thin shell hardcase, I'm wondering if this is causing the overheat.

Big thanks to the BTB Market Market staff for helping me out!

jayparalejas likes this.
  15. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

Yes, heat is normal. with or without a case.

not even comfortable using on my lap. cause you have to squeeze my legs just to accommodate the macbook haha!

16. mackulit

mackulit Member

Thanks Jay! Really disappointed with the heat. Since the first intel macbooks, heat had always been an issue, and now 10 years later, the same issue exist. But who am I to complain, this macbook does not have a fan, because is so thin! :)

17. putakti

putakti Active Member

I need to get a laptop for The Wait, is it worth to wait or get the rose gold?

18. number001

number001 Member

I experienced my 2015 Macbook throttling once so far bec. of heat. At that time, I was using firefox, to watch youtube videos (continuous, one after another).

19. mackulit

mackulit Member

Anybody using a hardshell case? I'm also looking for a case and would love to hear your recommendations.

20. putakti

putakti Active Member

Guys, wait ba or buy na?