The New iPod Nano 2012

Discussion in 'Non-iOS iPods' started by cyberathlete, Sep 13, 2012.

1. cyberathlete

cyberathlete Active Member

Yesterday, along with the iPhone 5 and new iPod Touch, Apple introduced the new iPod Nano with Multi-touch. Any thoughts? Are you getting one? Or are you going for the down-priced previous gen Nano?

2. ice

ice Well-Known Member

I love the new Nano... I hope Apple will release an update to allow it to connect with an iOS device via BT so that users can view messages, answer calls and do other stuff... iPhone in the bag and Nano in the pocket!

For a dedicated MP3 player, I think its too expensive...

3. cyberathlete

i hope i can use it and it'll look good as a watch.

4. PowerPee

PowerPee Well-Known Member

I like both the new Nano and Touch... but I guess I also prefer the new Nano more. This will make a good anniversary gift to my wife =D

5. rabby

rabby Active Member

I am seriously considering the new nano :)

6. memphis

memphis Well-Known Member

honestly, i love this new nano. but i have to hate it since i still have my 6th gen and lunatik. :D i have to admit though that it's so hassle of syncing it via cables. i always forget it and turns out my playlist is outdated.

7. 650h2

650h2 Active Member

I would really love to hold the new nano in my hands.. Cant decide which color though is the best color. they all look good especially when they are placed side by side. Apple has once again come up with a great design

But Alas, the nano is no longer for me. My current phone satisfies my mobile music and video needs. I know some people whose nano is only used as a time piece.

8. cyberathlete

can't seem to find any mention of a watch function for the new nano..

9. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Tokayo (my name is Mark too), I don't see how it can be turned into a wrist watch. It looks like this :

[​IMG]

Maybe a pocket watch with a chain? :)

Plus, it's not so uNano anymore, as it has grown a bit taller. See what it looks like in the hand :

[​IMG]
    They should call this the iPod Huge-nano, or just the iPod Touch Mini ! :)

10. jole45

jole45 Member

Hard to use during workout, unless you have wireless headset. :(

11. cyberathlete

@Godfather, balita ko 99% ng mga Mark eh gwapo. sa 1% ako. hehe.

given the dimensions, i was thinking it could be worn as a watch horizontally, but yeah, it could look hideous. i'm gonna look for the previous gen nano. friends in FB say its around Php2.5k na.

12. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

i suspected that this nano was designed to double as a remote for the much-rumored apple tv display. but since that was delayed, presumably due to tv network's reluctance to agree with apple's plans, the nano was launched as is.

this nano certainly has the key element to make it a remote: bluetooth connectivity--which is a most-welcome addition. i had to buy a 30-pin bluetooth adapter for my square nano, just to be able to get it to transmit to my headphones. so the bluetooth addition is *music to my ears*. ;)

13. MX3

MX3 Member

. . . Or not.

Apparently, based on latest news reports, Apple's "inspiration" for the new nano seems to have been the Nokia Lumia which was released at least a year ago. People are not yet saying that Apple copied the design, but you have to admit that they look embarrassingly similar.

[​IMG]

14. jole45

jole45 Member

It also looks like Zune. The new iPod Nano icons sucks too,looks like something you can buy in Ghills / Quaipo made in China Mp3 players lol

15. mykelangelo

mykelangelo Member

What is the best ipod nano casing to be used for jogging?

16. itnetad

itnetad Active Member

Planning to get one this weekend to match with my bluetooth headset good for biking.

17. natstuff

natstuff Member

I will be getting one of these mainly for the car :) love the built in Bluetooth functionality, I also had to buy one of those Bluetooth accessory for my previous nano but now it's built in but I agree it's a bit overpriced for its specs... I wish they put back the 5th gen nano features like video cam recording and loud speaker, those are neat :)

18. mykelangelo

mykelangelo Member

Is it possible to replace my ipod nano 7? I am encountering problems after 100 days of normal use. My ipod nano 7 was fully charged, the night before to be use today morning. When I inserted my earphones in the ipod nano, it suddenly turned off. I pressed the power on many times, it was not working. I put the lightning port charger in the power outlet, it was not working.

After 10 hours, I press the power on again, suddenly, a message appears, that my ipod nano is indeed on low bat. I immediately charge my ipod nano in the power outlet, and it is working again.

Can you give me advise regarding the incident? Thanks guys.

19. mackie8

mackie8 New Member

anybody using this? i want the bluetooth function... hows the battery life when using in bluetooth? im planning to pair it with a bluetooth headset.... is it worth buying or better get other music player with bluetooth