The new 9.7 iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aragorn_109, Mar 22, 2016.

1. jupe

jupe Member

image.png

I am about to upgrade to iOS 10, when I noticed the file size above.

Everyone in the iOS 10 Official Forum here is saying the update is supposed to be 2 Gb large, whereas that above is only 1 Gb in size.

Something wrong here? Is everyone getting the same info?

Will appreciate feedback.

By the way, how's your experience updating to the new iOS?

TIA.

2. einjhel

einjhel Member

hi, i'm planning to upgrade my Ipad Air 1, (which still works great) to Ipad Pro 9.7, i'm just wondering kung kelan kaya lalabas yung bagong model ng Ipad Pro 9.7? maybe I can wait for it nalang since my ipad air 1 still works great.

3. shootertwist

shootertwist Well-Known Member

You'll be having a long wait ahead of you, say 6-7 months

4. mikeyllorin

mikeyllorin Member

Should be fine. The update file might extract after download.

5. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

Is anyone using the keyboard for the iPad Pro? What's your experience? Pros and Cons? I've been thinking about getting one for my wife, cause she wants something light that she can draw and type on, and carry around in her bag. She designs clothes for kids, so the iPad Pro seems like a good alternative to a Macbook Air or a Macbook.

6. MaLt-

MaLt- Member

Update! I saw one locally at Vmall Greenhills, gameone store pricing is php 6795

Will post pics once I get home tomorrow

7. Pupkin

Pupkin Active Member

don't miss out. You can do a lot of great things on the current iPad Pros.

IMG_0296.JPG

8. guwardiya

guwardiya Member

I got the pencil first & my 5-yr old daughter's quite fond of it. I found it quite useful but I'm no good at drawing or painting so I used it mainly as a substitute for my fingers. Then I got the keyboard; I have not charged the pencil since. My iPad Pro is now a suitable macbook substitute since I can do all my emails, documents & browsing in it. Even texting (through iMessage of course) is quite a breeze.

Juice likes this.
  9. gdelacerna

gdelacerna Active Member

I recently upgraded from the iPad Air 2 to the iPad Pro. I have a regular protective case for this and no keyboard case yet. I'm thinking of getting the pen and the keyboard. Is the pencil and the keyboard worth getting? My only concern for the keyboard is that it's a bit too cramped for a keyboard. I saw a keyboard online, Logitech Create which looks like the macbook pro keyboard, well spaced and connects well with the iPad pro too.

Thoughts by those who have the Pen and Keyboard please?

10. Joyee

Joyee New Member

I think it depends on what type of work are you planning with your ipad. The keyboard is not really cramped for a keyboard and they are well spaced or my fingers might probably not that big. Good thing about the keyboard is that you dont need to connect it via bluetooth because of the smart connector. The pencil is what i enjoy the most but basically because i used my ipad for note taking and the pencil is accurate at that. If u are planning to get the keyboard, no need to buy a keyboard case bec the keyboard actually acts also as a smart cover. The pencil charged fast and does not drain too easily.

11. guwardiya

guwardiya Member

+1 on her comments re keyboard, my fingers on the other hand are most likely larger but spacing's not a problem.

12. quicksilver

quicksilver Member

I got both pencil and keyboard, but I really haven't been able to put the pencil to good use yet. I really like the keyboard though. It's a joy to use, not cramped at all. And the tactile feedback is very good.

13. jupe

jupe Member

Hello!

Just want to ask whether the iOS 10 is working seamlessly now on our iPad Pro.

Sorry I have to post this here and not in the iOS forum. I'm particularly interested in the performance of the OS on our iPad Pro, not on other devices.

Haven't upgraded until now, after the barrage of complaints over glitches in the OS.

Will appreciate your feedback.

TIA

14. Reylan

Reylan Member

Have not had any problems with IOS 10. Have not noticed any performance variances so i guess it's a-ok. :)
    Although a comment to your post above, have not upgraded using the device always thru Itunes-Laptop.

cheers

15. AirWolf

AirWolf New Member

iOS 10.1.1 is currently running my iPad Pro 9.7. I use it heavily, with multiple apps running in the background, and I have not encountered any problems. Everything is just running smoothly.

16. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

anyone knows where i could get a logitech create for my 9.7 pro? :)

17. neldeles

neldeles Member

Digital walker or beyond the box. Saw one also on olx selling for cheaper than srp (2nd hand of course)

18. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

The one at olx is 12inch ipad pro :(

19. cl_upspeed

cl_upspeed Member

Saw one in virra mall. I forgot the name of the store, but it's near the escalator when you're facing the church. They've got logitech stuff displayed inside a stand.

What i got is this instead. I think it was about 599php from mumuso.
    IMG_0550.JPG IMG_0549.JPG

Was wondering if you guys are having issues when accessing the camera from fb messenger through the split/multitask bar? Mine is just a black screen, buttons are there, but it doesnt do anything.