The new 10.5" iPad Pro (2017)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aragorn_109, Jun 6, 2017.

1. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

Heads up to those who will buy tomorrow for the last day of BTB 20% Wednesday Promo. A friend confirmed that price of iPad Pro was adjusted to reflect the cash price listed on Apple website (e.g. iPad Pro 256GB Wi-Fi at Php45,990). Discount will now be based on that cash price value.

Soooo, yeah, kind of unfair for those who have bought one already.

2. kid_kulit

kid_kulit New Member

Just bought an Apple Pencil today at Power Mac Greenbelt. It was 5990.00. I ask the cashier why it was 5690.00 on their website and she said it was their online price. But if you order online it will add some more on top of the SRP.

3. ronnel0918

Where can we buy an inexpensive but good quality grip for Apple Pencil?

4. speeds

speeds Active Member

got a silicone case from Lazada

5. ronnel0918

I'll check it out. Thanks!

6. Boscosimo

Boscosimo New Member

Hi. iPad Pro as replacement for your MBP. How was it? I'm contemplating to do the same..

7. ebelerma

ebelerma Member

Question on the paired pencil, for example the pencil gets disconnected (I brought the iPad with me without the pencil).
    When I return home, should I expect the pencil to automatically reconnect?

8. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

When I don’t use my Pencil for a while, I have to connect it to my iPad Pro via the Lightning connector to pair it.

9. King

King Active Member

Correct me if I am wrong but the US release of the 10.5-inch iPad Pro was on June 13 then 5 weeks later the Philippines had its official release on July 18?

I guesstimate the official Philippine release of the 2018 iPad Pro with Apple A11X Bionic to be before April 2018. I do not expect the 2013 iPad Air to get iOS 12.

Possible render is pictured below with thinner bezzles and no Home Button. Sadly no Super AMOLED display.

[​IMG]

#229 King, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    Sunil_K and tonettem like this.
  10. HudsonDoyle

HudsonDoyle Member

Hi, planning to buy an Apple Smart Keyboard for my 10.5 inch pro. To those who bought it at Day 1 or months earlier, I was wondering how it fared against daily wear and tear for 5 months? I have unusually sweaty palms and fingers and I’d like to know if it’s worth dropping 9K for. I plan to use it for about 1.5-2 years.

potpot2 likes this.
  11. rdy0329

rdy0329 Well-Known Member

Held up pretty well for me. Had it since day 1.

There’s two types of fabric lining the inside of the smart keyboard:

1. The keyboard is lined with textured plastic-like fabric (spill-proof) that feels sturdy yet isn’t harsh on your finger (helps with touch-typing IMO), 2. the lining (when keyboard is closed) is the same as that of the smart-cover so be careful with spilling something on the soft-touch fabric.

HudsonDoyle likes this.
  12. Netskipper

Netskipper Well-Known Member

With all the iphone x craziness, I stumbled across a video that convinced me that the ipad pro 10.5 is the most sensible upgrade for me.

Had a ipad mini 2 for years now and its a great media consumption device but its no productivity device. While it still can use ios 11, it cant do a lot of stuff seamlessly like multitasking etc.

An upgrade this big make you feel all excited. Its bigger, faster and better but what set the pro apart is the pencil. I have this old stylus where the tip looks and feels more like a pencil eraser. Tried using it with notability. It simply wasnt a seamless experience. Pencil so far has blown me away. This revived notability for me. I took pics of my daughter’s book and I am hi lighting and making notes. I can probably do the same for work and other stuff but il have to see in longer use. The possibilities are exciting!

One thing I noticed though is that there seems to be a dearth of accessories for this ipad. There are very few cases available.

13. gravija_flare

gravija_flare Active Member

14. kid_kulit

kid_kulit New Member

May I ask where did you buy it? Was looking for a keyboard for the iPad Pro like the Logitech Keys-to-go keyboard. Is it rechargeable? Thank you in advance...

15. gravija_flare

gravija_flare Active Member

got it from amazon, and yes it is rechargeable via a micro usb port on the edge. :)

kid_kulit likes this.
  16. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

17. Netskipper

Netskipper Well-Known Member

@Ejaxene

Honestly, I can't remember which one. It was this engineering student who used her ipad pro for school. After that, I pretty much made up my mind and just watched a few more reviews. ipad pro + apple pencil + notability combo is so useful

18. kid_kulit

kid_kulit New Member

Is this the one you watch, Sir?

19. ricolocsin

ricolocsin New Member

Hi would you recommend getting a cellular model or just get the extra space? Thinking hotspot is more than enough.

20. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

WiFi only. My first iPad was cellular but I quickly learned that it’s not necessary. Hotspot or my current go-to setup, pocket WiFi, works well.

ricolocsin and Roman like this.