The iPhone 7/7 Plus Case Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by Roman, Sep 8, 2016.

1. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Member

There are a lot of stores in SM that sells them. also globe telecom sells them on their flagship stores

2. mree

mree Active Member

Where did you get your Aura? I want a black one but there's no Aura yet in the south area.

3. Theus

Theus Well-Known Member

Hi, BTB ETON Centris in QC. Tried all colors, the 'red' one looked best but defective.

4. enzo91778

enzo91778 Member

Do Globe also carry the screen protector???

5. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Member

yes they do

6. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

yes, but they're more on the expensive side; think 1 - 1.5k range for them tempered glass screenies.
    i'd say you're better off scoring one at the local tiangge as they could be had for close to 150 - 200php only.

7. mree

mree Active Member

I'm currently using this clear (black) Laut case that I got from Digital Walker Alabang (Php990.00). I paired it with an edge-to-edge tempered glass (Php395.00 from Appstore / Digibabe).

1.PNG

I love how the tempered glass feels. It doesn't cause any obstruction when I do swipe from the left to right when scrolling back to a previous webpage or screen. What do I hate about it? The edges collect dust and they stick on the edge like crazy. I also cannot use my Apple Silicone case because that case covers a bit of the screen.

2.PNG

Lastly, for those who are looking for a cheap Peel alternative, order Tozo from Amazon. Tozo has a Jet Black case now, too!

8. mysterio

mysterio Well-Known Member

But do those perform like the ones from Rhinoshield?

9. starscream

starscream Member

Not sure about explosion proof. But I haven't cracked 1 yet.. not even the edges.. been using tiangge version on my previous iphone.. dropped my IPs but seems to hold up well

10. mysterio

mysterio Well-Known Member

That's the catch-22 of these protective cases/screens. You buy them because you want protection for your device but you can't test if they're what they say they are because what if they're not? Hahaha

11. starscream

starscream Member

Hahahaha correct! just hope it will do its job when something bad happens

12. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

Yes, I forget which brand I bought from them, but it's the best screen protector I've used. It's resists fingerprints better than any I've had. Paid almost a thousand pesos IIRC.

13. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

honestly, i've never had the chance to try it coz i never seem to have dropped any of my iphones since the 5 hard enough to test it on any surface for that matter. my dog, a shih tzu steps on my phone on occasion and a blunt object every now and then knocks on my phone's screen yet i hardly see any cracks on them. my sister even fist bumped her tiangge-based plastic screen protected iPhone 4 repeatedly (hard enough to punch a hole on paper) this one instance just to agitate me and there wasn't single crack on it.

that's 4 years worth of iphones and not a single crack. maybe i'm just lucky? maybe a Rhinoshield tempered glass screen protector is indeed worth it, but i've never really found the justification to stick one on any of my screens. i guess whatever keeps at bay an owner's paranoia about protection is worth spending 1-2k on a tempered glass screenie.

14. Theus

Theus Well-Known Member

CLIC Wooden by Native Union:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now i can text with 1 hand again :)

mree likes this.
  15. mree

mree Active Member

Nice! Now even the bottom is covered.

Theus likes this.
  16. Theus

Theus Well-Known Member

^ yup, even the buttons are protected. wife & our eldest have the older versions on their iPhone 6 & 5 (open top/bottom, buttons not covered). over 2 years since, still look nice & classy :)

did you get your aura yet?

17. mree

mree Active Member

Not yet. The DW here in Alabang doesn't have stocks yet. Will check tomorrow. I like the new clic wooden, too! I hope they have new stocks tomorrow.

Theus likes this.
  18. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Member

For my iPhone 7, I have the Otterbox Defender in Borealis. I like the protection it gives, and I like that the light color allows me to see the phone inside the dark maw of my giant bags. Loyal Otterbox user here.

(My previous phone, the iPhone 5S, has been kept in an Otterbox Preserver case as well. The phone still looks brand new. Gave it to my son, on the condition that he keeps it in the Otterbox Preserver case.)

19. kkatindig

kkatindig New Member

I just got my Speck Presidio Clear+Glitter Onyx from SG. A friend of mine hand carried it. The only color available here in Pinas are Gold and Pink so I really have to ask a friend to buy me one. So far so good. Nothing fancy on this case except that it is glittery and suits well (IMHO) on my black iPhone.

Attached Files:

20. neldeles

neldeles Member

From which store did you get this from?