The iPhone 7/7 Plus Case Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by Roman, Sep 8, 2016.

1. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

makes us wonder really what the difference is between these P200 tiangge tempered glass screen protectors vs. those sold by resellers at P1k+++ coz honest to goodness, i hardly notice them fancypants terms like "oleophobic ekek this, 5 layers ekek that, fingerprint ekek all around."

2. starscream

starscream Member

Haha you got it right! All the people I know who uses a branded (s) tempered glass had cracks just after few weeks of installing it.

3. happosai

happosai Member

^^ Reminds me of this:

[​IMG]

Sunil_K and ronjet like this.
  4. richmondchiu

richmondchiu Member

digital walker is offering tempered glass lifetime warranty for 1.5k ata un if im not mistaken

5. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

i guess this would only be good for folks who tend to keep their iPhones longer than expected, like for 3++ years at least or for those who have a tendency to drop it every once in awhile, like 3x++ daily.

6. Sheryl.

Sheryl. Active Member

Bought 2 silicon cases (light blue and red) at Apple HK. Gorgeous cases!

7. ianthensome

ianthensome Member

Okay so I'm still hunting for the perfect 7plus jet black case. Medyo mailap for the jet black kasi prone to sticking and panget tignan. I'm looking for clear cases btw. So far, I have tried the following:

Spigen Liquid Crystal (Space Crystal) - Full protection all sides, but kinda hate the dotted pattern at the back, but I guess they designed it like this for the back not to stick to the case.
    Spigen Thin Case (Clear) - No protection top and bottom.

I'm eyeing the following:

Switcheasy Glass case - BUT andaming texts at the back! Glass clear case nga pero ang laki ng branding tapos may texts sa top and bottom.
    Caseology Skyfall series (jet black) - there are not so good reviews na nagsstick talaga sa likod and it's unsightly. But I think this is the one! Sana merong jet black sa Caseology kiosk in Megamall/North Edsa.

8. mree

mree Active Member

what I don't like about those clear cases is they accumulate dust. I was given one and on the same day I used it, I ended up putting it back in the box. It's just too cumbersome to be cleaning it daily.

I'm back to using original apple cases.

9. JJB

JJB Member

I'm on the lookout for the perfect clear case too. I'm using a generic clear case that was given as freebie with my 7+, but the cut-out for the camera doesnt give protection for the lens.
    And i think I've found the perfect case: https://www.switcheasy.com/nude7.php
    Boasts 0.8mm thickness, 360 degree protection and lens protection!

Anmi and ianthensome like this.
  10. Nikkio96

Nikkio96 Active Member

I keep seeing really cute and nice cases on IG, @paragonpieces . Has anyone tried ordering from them? Are they any good?

11. mree

mree Active Member

Their cases are very similar to the normal "custom" cases that you see in IG, where you select a design and they print it on a hard or silicone case. Or if you go to any tiangge stall that sells iPhone cases, those clear cases with prints or those hard plastic cases with cute designs, those are almost the same as the ones that Paragon Pieces are selling.

Yes, they are cute, but I think paying $15 for that type of case is too much, especially that you can find almost the same for 300-400Php. I wish I still have mine but I gave it to the new owner of my 6 Plus. I noticed however, that they have a lot of designs now. Maybe they have improved their quality in comparison to those that you can buy from tiangge.

Nikkio96 likes this.
  12. mysterio

mysterio Well-Known Member

There is a special no logo version of the Switcheasy Glass Case. I actually have it but haven't gotten to open it yet (procrastination is one of my New Year's resolutions). But now have to choose between it and the Jet Black Peel case that just arrived. Oh well, maybe tomorrow. :ROFLMAO:

13. macdreamer27

macdreamer27 Member

Hi Mysterio!

From a few messages back, I've learned you've used MyShoppingBox services to ship the Peel case. How much did they charge you for the shipping, if I may ask? I'm also planning to buy...

TIA!

14. ianthensome

ianthensome Member

Are you one of the backers? I might be wrong but I think yung no logo is for the backers only, yung parang kickstarter early bird something, it already ended. Yung for pre-order e yung may logo and texts na. Could be wrong though.

Do we have stores here in the PH that cary Switcheasy cases? Digital Walker has very very limited Switcheasy cases e. Parang shipped from the US lang ang option.

15. mysterio

Actually, it wasn't me, it was arubeto. The charge varies on the weight and class of the item plus the method of shipment.

https://my-shoppingbox.com/client/#/rates

I presume he divided the shipping cost for the cases he bought so I paid only for part of it.

No, I bought from one of the backers, There is actually one unit still available for an iPhone 7 plus unit in the Marketplace. ;)

16. ianthensome

ianthensome Member

OH WOW THANKS BUD!!!

17. macdreamer27

macdreamer27 Member

Copy that, thanks!

18. mysterio

You're welcome. ;)

19. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

FYI... I was able to order and receive my Peel cases via MSB. They charged me $5.99 for two (2) Peel cases for the iPhone 7 Plus. The actual package was a small cardboard box

Attached Files:

• msb.jpg
      msb.jpg
      File size:
      74.7 KB
      Views:
  20. Edelheid

Edelheid Well-Known Member

Peel in Jet Black takes after its master. It scratches easily (worse than the phone finish) and the gloss fades in just weeks time. 0/10 will avoid like the plague. If you have in possession a Black or Jet Black iPhone 7 and desire the super thin case you will probably be better off just going for the matte black offering.

Moving on...

Attached Files:

#440 Edelheid, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    JJB and Anmi like this.