The iPhone 6s & 6s Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by paolo., Sep 10, 2015.

1. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Suddenly my status/notification bar (upper) is randomly not showing after i updated to iOS 9.3.2.

Attached Files:

#841 Fervish, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
  2. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

just sold my 6s for the SE. LOL time to downgrade

3. Shinahashirome

been thinking of doing the same thing. How's the experience so far?

4. jetan

good and relieved. 4 inch fits perfectly.

5. Shinahashirome

Nice! I might follow soon! thanks.

6. eargo

eargo New Member

Hi! Not sure if this has been discussed here already.

I recently updated my iPhone 6s Plus to iOS version 9.3.1. Before I updated, I had no problem using waze or google maps. The GPS was able to pinpoint my location very quickly.
    After the update, the GPS has become erratic. When I start using Waze, it just says "No GPS. Showing approximate location" at the top even if I am outdoors. When I start driving, the GPS still refuses to locate me.
    There are times when I will get a GPS signal, but only for a short time. After around a minute or two, I will lose the GPS signal again. It pretty much goes in a loop at this point. I lose the GPS signal, get it back, then lose it again.

I have tried doing a soft reset, I have updated to 9.3.2 and I have tried resetting network settings. None of these have worked for me so far. I am pretty sure it is not interference of the GPS signal, since the rest of my family have iphones and they did not encounter the same GPS signal problem as I have. Have searched about this online and there seems to be quite a few people experiencing the same problem as I have. However, no one seems to have found a solution to this problem yet, aside from having their iPhone exchanged for a new one.

7. gabobito

gabobito Member

Hi,

My mom's 6s is showing "No Service" just today, she noticed her signal bar has been low for the past few days. We are subscribed to Globe. I thought it was the sim, so we switched sims between our iphones. I put her sim into my iphone 5, got a good signal and LTE. But putting my sim on her phone, we got another No Service again. I tried calling the phone and it won't connect saying "subscriber cannot be reached." I updated her iOS to the latest 9.3.2. Still no service. The phone can connect to wifi. I did a soft reset, still the same problem.

Anyone had similar problems or has solved this kind of problem?

Thanks for your help.

8. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

Similar thing also happened to my wife's iPhone 5s. Bring it to Powermac or SWITCH. They will replace it. Downside is you have to wait for 2-4 weeks for the replacement unit.

9. gabobito

gabobito Member

Yup we will bring it today. Is it better to bring it to Powermac or switch rather than to globe? It is just 6 mos old so I believe it is still under warranty?

10. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

If your unit is more than 2 weeks upon acquiring from globe, Bring it to Powermac or Switch. I recommend Switch Glorietta if your near the makati area.

gabobito likes this.
  11. gabobito

gabobito Member

Thanks ZeroCool

12. vgsison

vgsison Active Member

For those who sold their ip6 plus to get SE, how's the experience in the battery life dept?

13. jetan

Good normal use would last you a day

14. brf

brf Member

With cellular data on?

15. jetan

Yes. no games only call, sms, social media, youtube.

16. brf

brf Member

That's good! Longer battery life than iPhone 6.

17. louispads

louispads New Member

Just happened now... Was using the iPhone 6s+ and i started hearing this strange buzz/grind inside the iphone... It sounded like a grind that you would hear from a PC. Anyone here have any ideas?

18. vicendriga

vicendriga Member

I'm also experiencing the same problem. I leave my office in BGC and after 15 mins, Waze is still getting GPS signal errors. I also frequently get "No Signal" problem after I updated to 9.3.2. Thinking of getting this replaced but I got the unit in the US.

19. mokmoki

mokmoki Well-Known Member

i just recently bought an iPad mini 3 from BTB's EOL sale and it's making me think of swapping my 6s Plus for a 6s. but the battery life... haha :p maybe i should just get an SE instead? although it could be too big of a downgrade, haha.

20. Daylightstalker

I have an Iphone 6s, and there are times I switch the mute button, and the image remains. Has anyone experienced this? It goes away when I turn it off, but it's getting to be irritating. I had my phone since December, but I've been having this issue since last month. :(