The iPhone 6s & 6s Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by paolo., Sep 10, 2015.

1. supahdende

supahdende Well-Known Member

Thanks. Now time to send an email to Tim Cook. I am sure that this will not be accepted for warranty if I try to bring this for warranty.

I also noticed that parts covered by the case have also started chipping, this is sad. Tried bringing it to A-shop near my office and they said that it is not covered by the warranty.

#821 supahdende, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    iskalibur and Cmmig like this.
  2. cybersniper

cybersniper Well-Known Member

I think that's "pitting"... sweat to aluminum effect.

3. supahdende

supahdende Well-Known Member

Is this even normal? Even parts covered by the case is starting to look like this but slowly.

I remember my 5s currently used by my wife. It is aluminum too and I have brought it outings and was more exposed to elements (seawater) but it still looks new.

I have sent an email to tim cook yesterday but no reply as of today. This is really sad... Baka after one year wala ng silver color tong phone ko

4. cybersniper

cybersniper Well-Known Member

I don't want to use the term "normal", but yeah you're not the only one. However, I'm not sure about those parts which are covered but yet suffered the same fate. If it's not pitting, then maybe it's their coating.

Let me call him and get back to you on this. :)

5. fiendrel

fiendrel New Member

Hi folks, do you recommend putting a screen protector or tempered glass on the iPhone? It's difficult to find one with full coverage and the other ones just looks and feels wrong not reaching the edges. I have a fairly shock proof case (although I'm also wishing I got a thinner case) and I keep my phone in a bag, so I'm wondering how it holds up protector/glass-free, perhaps?

6. Kleithxx

Kleithxx Active Member

Others do not prefer putting a screen protector/tempered glass but if you feel so, try Cool Reall. Edge to edge po siya and costs 800. :)

7. CruciaL

CruciaL Well-Known Member

Planning to buy a 6s next week and do you guys know how much is the 64GB in manila now ?

8. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Around 38K-41K...

9. fiendrel

fiendrel New Member

Thanks for the tip! Will look for that. :)

10. dlan

dlan New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Help guys just got this ip6s+ RG 64GB yesterday at globe mega i was not able to check the phone well when i was there, they installed a tempered glass, dropped by power mac to pick up a case which i tried to fit as well but when i got home and inspected the unit thoroughly i saw this discoloration on the apple logo pls advise tia

11. dlan

dlan New Member

At first i thought it was a sticker but it just wouldnt peel off

Attached Files:

12. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Hi! Go back to Globe and have it replaced. You still have the 7-day replacement (no questions ask).

13. dlan

dlan New Member

Thank u for the reply, will i be able to walk out the store with the phone right away i m trveling the day after tomorow i need a phone is this really a cosmetic flaw? It looks like a smudge but wiping it even with a microfiber cloth wont remove it. Btw im also concerned with the newly installed tempered glass will they be able to transfer it to the new unit

14. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

I am not assuring you of anything but based on the 7-day replacement, Globe should replace your phone. You should insist on that as it was their policy to change any phone with factory defect right away without any question.

Here read this:

PHONE REPLACEMENT: Get an automatic replacement for any phone you get from Globe, within 7 days from date of purchase, no questions asked.

If you've just signed up for your postpaid plan and found your brand-new phone to have a few quirks not quite to your liking, we will give you a brand-new replacement within 7 days, no questions, no hassles*.

*For defective phones, subject to Globe's Handset Replacement Warranty.
    Handset Replacement Warranty.

15. dlan

dlan New Member

Thank u! Will try to do this.

16. dlan

dlan New Member

Will the 7 day replacement be voided if I do a software update?

17. neilrg

neilrg Active Member

It shouldn't be.

18. dlan

dlan New Member

Great thsnk u

19. dlan

dlan New Member

Got my phone replaced with a fresh one! the tempered glass was transferred as well. the fit is not perfect this time though but who am i to complain? just happy with my new phone! Thumbs up globe!

jhonas015, mauwrr, kyubi and 2 others like this.
  20. deucejunkie

deucejunkie Member

I had this 'smudge' on the back logo of the iP6s+ out of the box, too. I tried wiping it off with by thumb, and a bit of it came off, so I just grabbed a slightly damp cloth and wiped the logo thoroughly. It looks like they attempted to put a plastic film/sticker to cover the logo but it was smaller than the logo so they had to eventually remove it and the some of the 'glue' from the sticker got stuck to the logo.