The Headphones Thread

Discussion in 'Musicians and DJs' started by macxchange, Mar 14, 2007.

1. the_diva

the_diva Member

Yeah. Most likely that's what's going to happen. Nearest Parrot Service Center is Singapore. Sheesh. Oh well. Thanks guys!

2. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

I will check out the first 2 when I visit egghead to audition the X5.

I am also intrigued. And the offer is only until tomorrow. Still worth buying? Or do I just save up for the Focal Elear? Or whatever other next level HP?

3. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..Elear is worth auditioning. I’d heartily recommend the Utopia as an end-game headphone. You might consider the new Focal Clear, which is the in-between model that separates the Utopia and the Elear.

tonedeaf likes this.
  4. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

Sent you a PM. I know someone who is selling one. ;)

tonedeaf likes this.
  5. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

So....I got the Massdrop Sennheiser HD 6XX. I am weak hahaha.

Also, NAD finally pointed me to a supplier of the NAD Viso HP 50's earpads. So I'm also getting that back.

Which means I have 2 closed HPs (NAD and ATH-M50X) and two open HPs (HD 6XX and AKG Q701).

As a result, I've decided to have a nice set-up in the office. To this end, questions:

1. Option A is to go desktop amp+dac combo, with a laptop/phone as the source. I will check out the JDS labs Element and iFi recommended here..
    2. Option B is to buy a DAP (Fiio X3 or X5) in the hopes that it will be enough to power my HPs (with the HD 6XX being the most power hungry). No amp in the meantime.

Thoughts?

6. RaijinGrey

RaijinGrey Member

Option B for me because I would always go for portability. There should be a portable DAC/amp available that can power your HPs.