The cycling thread

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by balibago, Feb 1, 2011.

1. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

yeah, i saw the headline. fastest paris-roubaix ride daw?

socal? thought you were up in the bay area? but noted. if lady luck shows up, i might open an "office" in socal.

do i pay for the "vietnamese coffee" with my dong? ;) count me in! :D

bowser likes this.
  2. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Yeah, I already fixed the handlebar alignment the way you described it! Next I need to inflate the tires. Do I need to get my own tire pump? What's a good (cheap) brand? Maybe will just go to the nearest petrol station and use their air pump for now. Tapos need to buy a helmet! What's a good (cheap) brand that won't look out of place for a folding bike rider?

I can just see how this can become expensive....

3. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Pumps are cheap. You can probably get a floor pump for under P1K, but maybe not in AU. :) If you go opt for the petrol station route, you'll need a valve adapter, to fit the car tire pump nozzle into a bike valve (aka "pito"). You'll need either a presta or schrader valve adapter, depending on what your tire valve is.

Best to take your bike to the shop to see which pump fits/works best. Again, note valve compatibility.

Bikes aren't as expensive as other boy toys. More costly to spend for a #2. :D

4. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

I see. I think my bike has the Schrader valve.

I visited a couple of bike shops in our neighborhood the other day and saw the tire pumps for sale. Assorted varieties but there were reasonably priced ones -- the small handhelds go for about P1,200.

I don't have any other boy toys here to minimize on costs. This bike will have to be my #2....

5. VicB

VicB Well-Known Member

Suggest that you get a pump which has the built-in pressure gauge.

Mykolant likes this.
  6. loudsound

loudsound Well-Known Member

I'm anticipating my new bike next week. Started biking during the Holy Week and I got hooked :) I'll be getting this Pitch from Specialized. I've been watching Giro D' Italia lately as well on Eurosports and read everything in this thread from the beginning. Really helpful tips and insights. I can't wait to ride on this bike!

[​IMG]

VicB and rbenzon like this.
  7. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Hahahardcore re reading this thread from the first post. I have done that for a few threads myself, because geek. :)

Hardtail FTW! Enjoy it, safely. Cheers.

loudsound likes this.
  8. loudsound

Been riding this bike since it arrived last week, enjoying every bit of it :)

[​IMG]

9. loudsound