The Battery Threads merged (all battery talk goes here)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by DON2003, May 29, 2006.

1. P-M-J

P-M-J Member

I have a question for everybody.

I have a 15in retina MBP and it has apple care. I took it to Power Mac to service and replace parts. However, they cannot replace the battery as their diagnostic tools indicate that it is not due for replacement.

But the cycles on my battery is now over 1000 and the consumption time from my first day of use to 2015 goes from 6 hours on 100%-5% charge; and now the consumption time now goes to 2.5 hours on 100%-5% charge.

I want to know if Power Mac's reasoning is valid? I really need to replace my battery.

2. deathstriker75

deathstriker75 New Member

hi everyone! I need to replace my macbook 13in aluminum unibody (2008) battery. any suggestion where I can buy an original one? thanks!

#982 deathstriker75, Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  3. Calynica

Calynica New Member

Dear all,

I have 5yr old MacBook Air. The battery of my laptop is expanding. And It needs replacement. Any advice and suggestions?

I just cant imagine if i don't notice the battery problem it might anytime leads to a possible explosion?

4. Calynica

Calynica New Member

Same problem here!

5. makinao

makinao Active Member

If you're in the QC area, call Ynzal.

6. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

I think a battery is considered a consumable part which is normally not covered by AppleCare. Replacements are cheap and locally available on eBay.ph. Just make sure you get the exact model.

7. makinao

makinao Active Member

"MacBook Owners - Your battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 1000 complete charge cycles. The one-year warranty includes replacement coverage for a defective battery. Apple offers a battery replacement service for all MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro notebooks with built-in batteries." http://www.apple.com/batteries/service-and-recycling/

Try another service center. My suki for all Applecare service is MSI Digicare in Libis. They have a direct line to Apple Asia, and can commit to a repair on-site (unlike stores which cannot commit on the spot because they have to send it to a service center). Replacement parts usually take a week to arrive.

8. equus

equus New Member

hello everyone! can anyone recommend a reputable apple battery vendor/store within the Cubao Area? i have a 2013 13 inch macbook pro. thanks!

9. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

AB-Blanc in Cubao is my go-to guy for repairing my Macbook. He also sells batteries. Just look for his page on Facebook for contact details

fish likes this.
  10. fish

fish Member

thanks for ab-blanc reco, i'll try to bring my mba there