Testimonials to AppleCare Protection Plan (APP)

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by alfiesy, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

I still have about 6 months left on my Apple Care for my MBP.

Two batteries replaced and a DVD drive later, my initial 9k investment has saved me about 21k. 30k (what I would have been charged including service) -9k.

2. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

i'm sad as pitting is not covered by apple warranty :( anyway, better safe than sorry for other components such as LCD etc

3. mannyespejo

mannyespejo Active Member

My Macbook 09 is 29 mos. old, and recently my battery became bloated. The Dubai AASP asked for the serial number of Macbook and the serial of the battery. I e-mailed it to them with the pictures of the bloated battery. They gave me a job request number and after a week, they said I can pick it up from their shop. I asked a local retailer how much a replacement battery and said Php 5,500. Same cost I got my APP (code only no box).

4. rsync

rsync Member

Sorry, but what does 'pitting' mean?

5. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

6. rsync

rsync Member

Oh! That pitting. :eek:

Thanks a bunch! :)

7. vtf

vtf Active Member

a new top case/keyboard/trackpad, mag safe and battery with barely two months to go! now my white macbook practically looks (and feels) new! thank you applecare!

8. iamditty

iamditty Member

I still have about 2 years in my Apple Care. Just availed of my warranty earlier with my broken mag safe adapter that's due for replacement from Senco Link.

9. Applicable

Applicable New Member

Okay, get APP no matter what. It's an award-winning technical support for all questions related to hardware, software and accessory issues. It's worth it.

-Coming from an Apple Retail Store employee

10. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

Our new MacPro died on us just two weeks after arrival. After calling Apple Care, they asked us to bring it to one of their authorized Philippine resellers (we brought it to
    Digital Hub, VM). After talking with DH's techies, the Apple Care rep decided to replace the unit, no questions asked!!

Excluding the iPod Touch product line, the 3-yr APP is worth it for your Php 40k (at least) Apple product investment.

11. iMigs

iMigs Member

OT but quite related: Who among you have APP on your iPhones? Planning to get one but I bought mine in HK so I guess I have to get the APP there?

12. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

With my Mac's value it is a toss up between Apple Care or buying a new one. The sale and purchase margin is just about the same. If one is considering Apple Care, then perhaps he can look into buying a new one instead if the margin is almost the same or cheaper.

13. rosea

rosea Member

My favorite is iStudio at BHS.

For my last 2006 macbook, I had replacements for the optical drive, fan, hard drive & battery. Super sulit, and that particular iStudio branch is super efficient & hassle-free to talk with.

The power adapter I had to replace on my own, but it's okay, I've maximized the APP anyway.

I had my top cover replaced also, but that one was by Powermac at GB3.

I love applecare! :)

14. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

And that folks is why Apple killed the MacBook he he he.

15. jlaloon

jlaloon Member

would you guys advise to get an APP for iPods?

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

16. mannyespejo

mannyespejo Active Member

Just had my battery replace for my Macbook Early 2009. Cost around P5500 for a new battery, same price I got my APP, so for now it's just breakeven for me. Thinking of purposely chipping my topcase to have it replaced (it's no longer as white as before) hehe..

17. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

unless there's a mechanical reason for the chip in your top case, i very seriously doubt they'll replace it. applecare doesn't cover purely cosmetic problems. (and it's always good karma to stay honest ;) )

i have one for my IP4. bought here (privately) but valid in singapore, where my iphone came from.

18. rosea

rosea Member

LOL. It was my first mac, and with my terrible timing got one from the problematic batch. :p Despite that, that macbook lasted me 5 years.;)

Believe it or not, I still got a much better experience from Apple with that problematic batch compared to before I switched from Windows. The customer support made all the difference for me.

19. Jay2

Jay2 Member

lol :D my friend have a macbook as well, and yeah... mejo disappointing nga ang macbook compared sa mbp :)

20. sonn15

sonn15 Member

Didnt know APP replaces batteries pala. Mine had 295 cycles already. Had it gone to 300, it wouldnt be replaceable anymore. Lucky me.