Staingate Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joshuaster, May 1, 2015.

1. onyx

onyx New Member

Diagnostic is waived BTW

2. JJj

JJj New Member

i have a 15 in macbook pro mid 2012 (non retina) that just won't power on;
    charger's lighting when plugged; batt indicator lights when pressed.
    tried PRAM reset and hard reset ...
    i was using it, then left it on for few minutes; bumalik ako naka power off na.

dinala ko na sa BTB sa BGC he advised me to plug it for more than 5hrs baka sakali; pero wala parin.
    their fee is 1500 for diagnostic; question is do you guys have any idea whats wrong?
    i was thinking baka sakop pa sya nung Apple Repair programme,
    before kasi i had glitches on the screen na related dun sa issue ng graphics card then always resets. pinacheck ko noon sa (2015) sw!tch kahit na under apple warranty pa ako charged me 1500 for diagnostic. they just reinstalled the OS and replaced the thermal paste and cleaned it which i requested.
    after nung fix kasi na yun, meron parin yung glitch hinayaan ko nalang.
    (sorry ang haba ng inquiry ko po. related naman sa repair program though not staingate)

3. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

Are MacBook Pro 13inch Retina Late 2012 model included in the replacement program?

4. Beee

Beee New Member

Hi! Do I need any kind of receipt to have my MBP screen with Staingate replaced?

5. franz3x8

franz3x8 Member

No need just bring your macbook to an authorise apple service center and they will check the Serial of your macbook, you warranty + account information is tied into your mac's Serial number.

Beee likes this.
  6. franz3x8

franz3x8 Member

my MBP was affected by this (MBP early 2015) doon sa nakita ko sa Apple Exchange Program ang under lang ng for replacement is mid 2014 to early and mid 2015 since doon lang ata nag karoon ng problem sa reflective coating ng Retina screens nila. Try calling BTW or Power Mac and ask if pasok ba yung 2012, Be sure to tell them na "Stain Gate" yung issue alam na nila yun di kasi iannounce ng BTW and Power Mac na may exchange program na nagyayari.

to those who are asking about sa 2016 units if affected sila ng Stain gate the answer is NO before pa ma release yung 2016 units nalaman na nila yung issue and fixed it sa 2016 units.

Beee likes this.
  7. jp.vii

jp.vii New Member

(n)...too bad, I also have this problem with my 2015 MBPr for some time now. Will check with BTB Lucky Chinatown if they can replace for free...:unsure::unsure:

8. insane_kiddo

insane_kiddo Member

Just an update to this, finally had the time to send this over for repair. Checked it in by Friday (July 14) and got it back by Wednesday (July 19), absolutely free of charge due to the staingate issue. And this was done by Power Mac Center (Alabang) :D

9. Ares

Ares New Member

my 7month old 2015 macbook pro is showing signs of staingate
    https://www.screencast.com/t/JOXVomgZV

My questions are:
    1. Anong service center ang pinakamabilis (or pinakamabagal para hindi ko mpuntahan :) mag repair/replace ng ganitong issue?
    2. Mas malapit ako sa Switch Pampanga @ Marquee Mall... are they a good service center?
    3. Ano ano ang mga dapat gawin to prevent or at least minimize yung ganitong issue? are there any products you can recommend na pwedeng bilhin online that can help on this?
    4. How many repair/replacement ba ang allowed that apple service centers can replace this issue in case bumabalik parin sya? say for example i bought
    an applecare ext warranty and this issue keeps coming back every 7 months? will they repair staingate issue for 2nd to 5th or more?

thanks po in adv for helpful answers.

benjot25 likes this.
  10. benjot25

benjot25 New Member

Hi,

What's the best service center can you suggest? Meron kc iba nagccharge e :(

11. Epoy Poblete

Epoy Poblete New Member

Stain gate problem solved! Thanks Beyond the Box BGC for a quick and great service!

12. SQUN

SQUN Member

A colleague asked me for help to connect her 13" MBPr early 2015 to the overhead projector, that is when I noticed that her monitor is affected with staingate. It seems that she is not aware of the recall and I told her that she can avail of it.

Fast forward this morning, she came to my office to inform me that she received already her mbp with the brand new screen and as a token of appreciation gave me a mcdo big breakfast with coffee.

13. jns888

jns888 Member

my MBP is undergoing repair right now at BTB BGC. still awaiting parts.

14. roux

roux Member

I also have this issue with my 2014 MBPr, but I'm not sure if I can avail of the recall here in the PH because I bought my MBP in Canada. Can anyone help?

15. glennba27

glennba27 Active Member

MBP has international warranty, have your unit checked.