Sony A6300?

Discussion in 'Videographers' started by pdcfelix, Jan 2, 2017.

1. pdcfelix

pdcfelix Member

I'm planning to get a Sony A6300 within the first quarter. I'll primarily use it for short films/ tv segments, etc.

Worth it ba siya? Thanks!

2. aksdman

aksdman Active Member

Same question here. I'm choosing between this or the Fuji X-T2 for video. Thanks in advance for any advice/replies/suggestions.

3. rebiscoco

rebiscoco Member

Hi Guys, I don't have one but I've been planning to get either Sony a6300 or a6500 do I've been doing some research for a month now.

* I'm not a PRO photog or videographer.

CONS:

1. Rolling Shutter
    2. Overheating for the a6300 when recording 4k.
    3. Battery life (I guess because it is a compact camera with a compact battery. Just get extra batteries)
    4. Menu is a mess but I believe you just have to get used to it then you're good.
    5. Expensive lens but you can use adapters and you'll be able to use your canon lens. You'll not be able to use the full potential of the AF on adapted lens.
    6. No audio out for monitoring. (You can use external audio mics/interface which has a audio out)

PROS:

1. 4k
    2. Lightweight, Portable
    3. Picture profiles like SLOG and CINE which has wide Dynamic Range
    4. VERY FAST AF
    5. Quality build
    6. Good for both Photo and Video
    7. 1080p 100fps or 120fps?

You can watch a lot of Youtube videos out there regarding reviews.

In my opinion, it depends on where you're going to use the camera. If you're going focus on VIDEO then I suggest get SONY. If you're going to focus on PHOTOGRAPHY I suggest you go for FUJI. In my own opinion SONY is more versatile, it's great on PHOTO and VIDEO however there are cons. It's like the jack of all trades but master of none. Don't get me wrong, it's a really great camera but I can't say it's the best for PHOTO or VIDEO. If you're focusing on PRO VIDEO and you want to up your game I suggest you get PANASONIC GH4/GH5.

Again guys I don't have both FUJI and SONY cameras but I am also planning to get one. Just sharing my opinion and what I have learned by doing research.

I'm leaning towards the a6500 but it's 400$ more expensive than the a6300. a6300 and a6500 are identical camera in terms of video quality but a6500 has in-body stabilization 5-axis, has a longer threshold for overheating and a longer buffer for burst shots.

I aim to use for travel photog and video that's why I'm choosing Sony.

Hope this helps

(Glad to know some peeps who share the same GAS :D )

Let me know which camera you guys will get. :)

4. markandapps

markandapps Member

Excellent comprehensive comment sir. Just to add, A6500's lcd is touch screen and selfie friendly. I would buy any of the two in a hear beat if I had the budget. 4k is here to stay and is also future proofing your videos.
    I do not own any of the two but I am content & have my eyes fixed on Sony A6000 for now.

rebiscoco likes this.
  5. rebiscoco

rebiscoco Member

Aah! You're the one who's asking about where to buy the A6000. :)

Yeaah. The a6k series' 4k is a beast. 6k downscaled to for 4k. Crispy sharp video. In my own opinion even though if you don't have 4k screen or tv you'll still see the difference in quality on the not-4k present screens today(or maybe only video enthusiasts notice that).

I'm coming from a Canon 70D. I believe the A6000 is also a killer!

I wish we had a thread specifically for A6k series so we can share photos and videos and setups(I know we have a thread for SONY Cameras I think? FUJI's thread is so active. :cool:).

Glad to hear from peeps interested in the Sony system. :)

markandapps likes this.
  6. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

^ There is a thread for the Sony NEX series, which are the ancestors of the Axxxx series. Maybe a moderator can rename it as the Sony E-mount thread. :)

rebiscoco likes this.
  7. dinxcarin

dinxcarin Active Member

I love my SonyA6300..120fps at 1080p recording rocks.

here's one of my videos:

LHEA BERNARDINO BTS

markandapps likes this.
  8. gravija_flare

gravija_flare Active Member

9. markandapps

markandapps Member

Lhea is really amazing and beautiful. Excellent video! Never a dull or boring moment. Camera movements are smooth and swabeng swabe! ☺