Smoked Barbecue

Discussion in 'Food' started by Juice, Aug 26, 2014.

1. tinmuning

tinmuning Member

Not sure if you still need it but I got mine from Barrel Pro.

ronjet likes this.
  2. ransom

ransom Well-Known Member

For those in the QC area, you might wanna try this out: https://m.facebook.com/brodieslownslow/

The proprietor is a former student. It's a one-man operation, so he only does meet ups and limited delivery. I tried his ribs last week. Meat is firm but tender, and really flavorful. Didn't even need the sauce Perfect for a Sunday family lunch.

3. julmercado

julmercado Active Member

How was you Barrel Pro smoker so far? I also ordered a medium sized smoker/griller from them and it will be deliver to me next week. Care to share tips in using their smoker?

#183 julmercado, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    ronjet likes this.
  4. ronjet

ronjet Well-Known Member

@tinmuning , thanks for bringing it up. I'll check their fb page.

Sir @julmercado, may I know how much did you pay for your medium size smoker? please post pics once you get your smoker. :) thanks.

5. julmercado

julmercado Active Member

Sir @julmercado, may I know how much did you pay for your medium size smoker? please post pics once you get your smoker. :) thanks.[/QUOTE]

I got it for P7,200. The size of the main camber is 25"x14 and the firebox is 16"x11". They also sell hickory wood chunks.

ronjet, Juice and Theus like this.
  6. ronjet

ronjet Well-Known Member

Thanks sir. :)

7. tinmuning

tinmuning Member

Hi! It's still ok, I got the medium one around Feb this year and no signs of rust or any problem so far. I'm not really a pro in terms of grilling nor I'm meticulous with after-use care of the grill. Oh and I remember the owner telling me to put plyboard then stones in the bottom half of the barrel grill so the charcoal does not rest directly on the surface of the barrel itself (see pic).

[​IMG]
    I've asked the owner a LOT of questions and tips before and after purchasing and the guy's very accommodating.

julmercado, ronjet and Juice like this.
  8. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

Did he tell you how to clean the smoker? I'm guessing you just have to remove the gravel and plank, to clean the ashes.

9. tinmuning

tinmuning Member

^Hi juice. The guy gave instructions to our maid when he delivered re: cleaning. Use water & vinegar or use grease cutter cleaners (though I have no idea about this, just using whatever we have at home).

10. julmercado

julmercado Active Member

Will it not accumulate moist and eventually corrode the barrel if you put plyboard and stones?

11. tinmuning

tinmuning Member

@julmercado I just checked my smoker and no signs of corrosion yet. Other than what the seller told me, I have zero idea on how to take care of a grill so I just took whatever advice he gave.

12. julmercado

julmercado Active Member

My smoker/griller/rottiserie has arrived.

[​IMG]

My first try in smoking ribs for 4 hours in hickory chips.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry, the ribs was consumed before I think of taking pictures.

ronjet, Juice and Sunil_K like this.
  13. julmercado

julmercado Active Member

Have you also tried smoking using coconut shells?

14. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

Not yet, but that's what they use to make tinapang bangus in mass production.

My wife had a dinner party once. One of her guests said she smokes using peanut shells and tea leaves(sounded girly lol).

Sunil_K likes this.