Smart iPhone 7/7 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by ann jersey, Oct 28, 2016.

1. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

WALA.

infiniteloop likes this.
  2. Juicecasmot

Juicecasmot New Member

There's a 0% 24 month installment option for citibank cardholders.

Attached Files:

3. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Anyone who recently acquired an iPhone 7/7+ with any Smart plan if they still require the 3-5 months advance payment? Thanks

4. jetan

the best is still to apply if you're out of contract already. my line is due next month.

5. Juicecasmot

Juicecasmot New Member

My current contract is up to March 27, 2017. I called the smart hotline last Nov 10 and asked the earliest time I can recontract to get the iphone 7. CS told me earliest I can recontract without paying early term is 3 months before contract's end, supposed to be Dec 27, 2016. Last Nov 25, I was in Robinson's Magnolia and tried again to check if I can recontract. I walked out with a 128gb jet black 7. I was told that you can try to recontract 6 months before your contract's end. I guess it depends on your account standing.

6. missilemission

super bulok service nila dito sa iloilo, was suppose to upgrade my plan with them, passed all reuirements, no updates whatsoever as regards to the status. then i bought an openline handset ip7+ and went to them to cancel and dun pa lang sinabi na approved na pala... dismayado talaga ako

7. s2pid_kid

s2pid_kid Member

Did anyone notice the price increase for all their cash out?

@missilemission which branch did you go SM Delgado or SM City Iloilo?

8. missilemission

sm city iloilo branch sir^ december pa ako nagstart mag-apply nang infinity parang hindi naman sila interested tumulong

9. renee0108

renee0108 Member

Have you guys tried to monitor your data consumption with Smart's Giga Plans? Apparently, the All Month Surf (previously included in Smart iPhone Plans) is now removed without informing us. Hence, all data access like web searching, socmed app browsing, viber, waze, etc. (which are formerly free from the iPhone plans) are now deducted from the data allowance in Giga plans.

I noticed this since during my iPhone plan, my average consumption per bill is only 9gb/month (this excludes the data from the all month surf). I have just recently switched to the Giga plan (12gb for the equivalent plan) and for just 7 days, my consumption has already reached 6.5gb, and the 12gb monthly allowance is surely not enough for me. On paper, it looks like Smart has given us more data. But in reality, it seems that Smart has outsmarted (well, smart eh lol) us all.

10. renee0108

renee0108 Member

The Giga Plan is not a good option at all, well, for heavy users. The plan does not include an all-month surf, which is previously included in the iPhone plans. Data access like web searching, socmed app browsing, viber, waze, etc. are now deducted from the data allowance in Giga plans.

11. jetan

thats why if youre on your old plan better keep hold on it. i still got the unlidata from iPhone 5 plan.

12. prof_er

prof_er Member

I tried to have my smart postpaid line terminated a while ago. But i was shocked when the CSR told me that i will have to pay 32k for the termination? My line is due on may. Talagang ganun ba yun? As in babayaran mo yung unit na kinuha mo kahit ilang buwan ka na lang naka lock sa contract? Kaloka.

rflores likes this.
  13. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

I still have my unlidata plan 1500 from my iPhone 4S plan a long time ago. Smart seems to have given up na din to convince me to re-contract. I'm no longer receiving the regular calls/text from them telling me i'm eligible for this and that when I re-contract

Good thing you guys mentioned here that the Giga Plan deducts everything (web surfing, instant messaging, etc) as I was already contemplating to re-contract to a Giga Plan. Turns out, even if I get the SIM-only 1499 plan the free 18GB of data still might not be enough

14. panis

panis Well-Known Member

This was also the advise I got from a Smart CSR when I got the All Month Surf plan for my 6S. I was told to hold on to the contract and just buy a new phone if I plan to upgrade phones.

15. renee0108

renee0108 Member

Buti pa kayo, you were warned on the new plans. In my case kasi, nobody from the CSR told me about the removal of the All month surf. I felt scammed. :-(

16. jetan

ganyan rin sa cousin ko na sales talk ng agent sa smart store.

17. mongkee

Anybody else experiencing problems with Smart's mobile broadband today (1 March 2017)? I have a constant LTE signal on my phone but no actual connection. Switching to 3G briefly gets me connected for just a few minutes then the connection is lost again despite the 3G signal indicated. Been experiencing this since I woke up this morning around 6am here in Malate/Taft/Vito Cruz/Roxas Blvd area

18. carla_n123

carla_n123 Member

Same frustrating experience. The network connection constantly fluctuates and is hardly stable. I could have a 5-bar LTE connection but with no internet at all. Other times, I randomly get "no service" in areas where signal should be strong. I'm very disappointed.

19. jetan

they're still having their network upgrade expect an on and off situation.

20. mongkee

They should have at least acknowledged the network problem. Typical Smart to be silent on such interruptions when clearly a lot of their subs are suffering network problems due to their upgrade (how ironic)

I've been bombarding DMs to @SmartCares on Twitter letting them know which areas I'm experiencing network issues etc., would almost be considered as a service to them na since I constantly feed them info on where they ought to fix their problems.

At least one of their replies, in the form of troubleshooting tips, made me laugh a bit... the person at the other end of their Twitter account told me to "re-position the device in an area where you can get good signal" like now I have to trouble myself to go find that elusive "good signal" when the reason why I'm complaining in the first place is that I have problems with their signal right where I need it most and where, before this damn upgrade, I had consistent LTE connection. Jeez

Will definitely be requesting for a rebate for this downtime

If you guys are also experiencing this, call *888 to have your complaint documented. Get your call's reference number, and use that as proof that you've reported the problem and as basis for a rebate request. Kinda hassle I know, but I'm done just sitting around and waiting whenever Smart drops the ball in terms of their services