Searching in Messages

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by lbj_19, Oct 20, 2016.

1. lbj_19

lbj_19 Member

Hi fellow muggers,

Recently switched from blackberry to iphone. mainly use my phone for call and texts with co workers and colleagues and clients. So I usually don't delete messages in the thread so that if in case I need to review some things (selling price, approvals etc) I can always look it up. Basically instead of using email we use text to track most of the dealings we do.

Now am asking is the search function in messaging in iOS really this problematic?
    When you do a search on a keyword, for example the word we searched is "repair no.", only the most recent message with the said keyword appears and not all the messages with the said keyword. also tried using spotlight search, it was a bit better but still does not do what other messaging apps can do in terms of search function, even viber has a more in depth search function.

Anybody has the same problem? does it have any workaround? might switch to android if there is no real solution to this.

2. rnav18

rnav18 Active Member

Unfortunately, only the most recent message will be displayed. :cry: