Rate the latest film you've watched

Discussion in 'Media and content' started by micvindelmer, Jun 15, 2014.

1. boobtubefreak

boobtubefreak Active Member

Deadpool 2 8/10 surprisingly there's just a few people in the advanced screening last night. I enjoyed it a lot basically the few people were laughing out loud ,please don't dare miss the post credit scenes which were hilarious

hitme64 and Ghibli like this.
  2. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

Yup Deadpool 2 has probably one of the best post credit scenes for me hehe.

hitme64 likes this.
  3. suigeneris

suigeneris Well-Known Member

Deadpool 8/10

The Mid-Credits / Post-Credits scenes were awesome and crazy as expected! :D

For me TBH, i liked the first one more. The 2nd one had more talkies than action although that may be due to the need to develop character arcs as they introduced new characters, but can't help but feel that something was missing.

Overall, good movie. Had a good laugh.

hitme64 likes this.
  4. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

SOLO

8/10 Would watch this again in full detail. Robinsons Galleria cinema sucks! The picture quality is too dim and a bit blurry. Made me sleep every other 10 mins of the movie.

hitme64 likes this.
  5. boobtubefreak

Solo 7/10 enjoyed it as a stand alone movie but as part of the Star Wars saga it pales in comparison

hitme64 likes this.
  6. lamski

lamski Well-Known Member

First time watching Amadeus. A very well made film. No wonder it won the Academy award in 1984. 10/10 - it's that good.

macjobber, Ghibli and hitme64 like this.
  7. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Tomb Raider. 8.5/10

Actually that much better than the CGI-infested Angelina Jolie romp.

This one’s more realistic and humanized. And straight adaptation of the video game. And, it has Alicia Vikander who is, like, the Jolie of Sweden. Hence, Lara Croft.

omarsytan and Sunil_K like this.
  8. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...Victoria and Abdul....delightful film. 8.5/10. As always, a fine performance from Dame Judi Dench.

macjobber and hitme64 like this.
  9. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

2 Girls 1 Cup(not real title) - -1000/10

I thought A Serbian Film was Disgusting.

Is this allowed? Delete it if it’s too much.

hitme64 and TOBACCO like this.
  10. boobtubefreak

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 7/10 your usual Hollywood cash cow, I find this sequel a bit unnecessary though

11. boobtubefreak

Isle of Dogs 8/10 it's disheartening that only 4 theatres are screening this movie

Ghibli likes this.
  12. Ghibli

Ghibli Active Member

Solo 8/10 - it was competently paced, fun, engaging and ties beautifully in the star wars saga. Will definitely check the sequel.

Isle of Dogs 8/10 - unexpectedly hilarious and a treat to watch. Must see for dog lovers.

13. hitme64

The Death of Stalin. 7.3/10

A mockumentary comedy-drama on the death of Soviet Russia’s most feared dictator and how it affects his most trusted aides...laughable performances from Steve Buscemi (Fargo) and Jeffrey Tambor (post-Arrested Development)

14. Ghibli

Ghibli Active Member

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 5/10 - Despite its best intentions, I found it to be derivative, formulaic, awkwardly paced and repetitive. The thrilling momentum it built initially slowly fizzled as it progressed, suffering from dinosaur fatigue, especially in the third act. I just didn't care for anyone in the movie, strangely. The volcano sequences were spectacular to behold, though.

hitme64 and boobtubefreak like this.
  15. benzng

benzng Well-Known Member

jurrasic world - 8/10- i watched it in 4dx, it made the film more "live action". watching it in 4d will bring fun to the movie. story is not so good as the first version is still the best, but imagine your chair shaking each step from a trex and the splash of water in your face when the scene calls for it. Galing.

Ghibli likes this.
  16. eag

eag Active Member

jurassic world 2018 (because the 2015 movie was also named jurassic world) - 7/10 - Given the comments here, I went in with low expectations and got an amusement park thrill-ride movie, so I enjoyed it for the mindless entertainment it was.

Ghibli likes this.
  17. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Jurassic World: Fallen World 7/10 - While I commend the writers/ director in veering away from the traditional theme park motif ( there's even a hint here of pro animal rights), the movie kinda fell flat for me. You watch this type of movies to have a fun mindless 2plus hours of entertainment, nothing else.

Ghibli likes this.
  18. boobtubefreak

Incredibles 2 9/10 worth the super looong wait! would have enjoyed it immensely if not for the noisy kids and the super annoying kid who keeps on standing on his seat beside me. Jac - Jac stole my heart, hopefully there would be a third installment and don't make us wait that long again. Glad that the kids today were introduced to what I enjoyed when I was younger.

Ghibli likes this.
  19. Ghibli

Ghibli Active Member

Incredibles 2 - the title lives up to its name. Exciting, Exhilarating and above all fun. Rarely do movies make me laugh and this one did (The racoon scene was hysterical). The villain is compelling, menacing, albeit short-lived idealist, but not one-dimensional. The plot however, as it goes along, feels a little bit predictable especially near the end. However, the kinetic character driven action and family humor, which made the first movie great, is not in short supply in this sequel; offering plenty to draw from and enjoy, for any age demographic. Incredibles 2 is a worthy predecessor and easily one of the year's best films. 8/10.

boobtubefreak and lamski like this.
  20. hitme64

874791EE-BC02-40EE-AD1F-B36A0CAC55A7.png
    8/10
    This one’s cerebral but worth watching because of the history that came with it...and also because Jon Hamm and Donald Hodge (of Black Mirror) and Rosamund Pike are there...

Consequently, Pike stars in two political thrillers simultaneously: Beirut and 7 Days in Entebbe...

raypin likes this.