Problems Switching iTunes Store/Region

Discussion in 'iTunes Store' started by Chip, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Chip

Chip PhilMUG Addict Member

Hello PhilMUG.

Just sharing this current problem that I have here in hopes of someone being able to help me out.

Sometime mid-October, I noticed that my Apps (on iOS) have not been auto-updating. When I tried updating some of them, they push through, but for some, I am given this error message:

[​IMG]

So, when I choose/select the option to change stores, I get this screen first:

[​IMG]

Then eventually this:

[​IMG]

Nothing happens after that. When I check my Apple ID I'm shown that the said account is still under the correct region:

[​IMG].

But I just can't update some of the apps now.

I've verified that the credit card linked to my US account is still okay since I was able to update my payment details just a while ago, and am set to renew for my iCloud storage.

I can't recall switching iTunes/App Store regions since I use a separate AppleID for the Philippine AppStore.

Anyone?

To the mods: Dunno if I placed this in the right forum? Or should it be under General iOS? :eek:

2. ma5te12m1nd

ma5te12m1nd Member

Try to clear the cache of App Store. Tap "Featured" (lower left, star icon) 10 times.

Chip likes this.
  3. Chip

Thanks for the tip. Tried that, thrice, but still no luck :( Initially I thought it worked since it took sometime to load from me choosing the change store option, but it went back and displayed the appstore logo splash/screen only :(

4. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Member

How many apple ID do you have?

5. Chip

Two, one for PH and one for US. I only use the PH Apple ID to get PH only apps, like Citibank Mobile app and McDelivery.

6. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 Well-Known Member

@Chip, I'm trying to look for the App Store policy on iOS devices when switching apple IDs but if I remember right there is a grace period that prevents you to switch accounts. Maybe it's related to this?

7. Chip

Hmm. But I am signed in the Appstore using my Apple ID which is in the correct region :( And the problem updating occurred mid-October, and I don't recall switching apple IDs then :( If there's one change that I can recall is that I changed payment options.

8. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Member

I have this issue when updating the HOOQ application which is only available in the PH or Asia region. What I usually do is log in using a PH Apple ID (in the Settings->iTunes & Apps Store), and then go to update section of Apps Store and after that I will log in again using the US Apple ID

9. Chip

Yeah, worth a try, though what I'm thinking of is I didn't really download these apps using the PH Apple ID :(

10. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 Well-Known Member

It's odd though your payment option has nothing to do with your apps updating. A few days/week ago a new App Store Terms and Agreements prompted me to read it and agree. You can't update apps before you agree to the new terms. Maybe that's causing your update issues. Did you remember agreeing to the new terms?

11. Chip

I think I agreed to new app store terms and agreements last night as I updated my payment terms (again), still no cigar.

I logged in now using my PH Apple ID and it again asked me to switch App store countries, and am shown the same splash screen. Weird. It can really detect that the apps were downloaded from the US Appstore, but it can't detect that my ID is for the US appstore.

Maybe a problem with iOS? Maybe I should restore? I can view and download US exclusive apps on the same phone and same ID. Its just updating that I'm having problems with. :(

12. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

Question, i applied for the icloud 50GB storage. it asked me ti switch to PHilippine app store since i was using a PHilippine credit card. anyways, now i cant download US apps like amazon echo app. what should i do?

13. Chip

I think you can either switch to the US store to download/update the US only apps. If not, you can make another Apple ID so you can download and update the US exclusive app.

In other news, just to update this thread. The problem was resolved on its own. I scheduled another phone call with Apple Support last January, which I never got to finish anyways, then, one day, I just noticed that all my pending apps for update, were updated on its own. I no longer needed to switch iTunes/App Store country/region, and have not encountered the same problem since.

14. neldeles

neldeles Member

What I did was just credit my "US" account via a $20 iTunes card. Then it just debits the sub fee monthly. I have another account where I buy all my apps from the PH app store using a PH credit card. hth.