Syncing Google Calendar to iPhone and iPad

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by rdy2014, Aug 12, 2016.

1. rdy2014

rdy2014 Member

Can you guys help me with syncing my Google Calendar to my iPhone (ios8) and iPad (ios9)? I tried doing the following but still, it won't sync:
    1. Logout then login my google account in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
    2. Under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Google Account, off then on Calendars.
    3. Logout iCloud then login again.
    4. Restart my iPad.

Note: Syncing with my rMBP is now okay. But I went through a lot before making it work like logging out my iCloud.

2. ebelerma

ebelerma Member

Are you using two step verification on your Google accounts?

3. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

My office recently adopted a policy of using Google Calendar for the executive staff (VPs, etc.) so we or our EAs can more easily identify common meeting times.

For those in a similar situation, here are some tips (I’ve tried and tested them, and they work) for those of us using iOS instead of Android (and to adopt on your Macs and iPhones:

To sync iCal (iOS Calendar) and Google Calendar (on your phone or tablet—download Google Calendar from the AppStore first):

http://usingtechnologybetter.com/google-calendars-and-ical/

To import iCal into Google Calendar (on your computer, not phones or tablets):

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37118?hl=en

I’m pleasantly surprised to find that Google Calendar actually looks better on my iPhone than iOS’s built-in Calendar!

[​IMG]

4. GilGrissom

GilGrissom Well-Known Member

Google calendar is great. But Fantastical 2 is even better!