PLDT FIBR Woes

Discussion in 'OS X Server / Xserve / Networking' started by Miguel_D, Dec 26, 2013.

1. gravija_flare

gravija_flare Active Member

hi guys,

anyone using the pldt fibr 20Mbps 1899 plan? i have asked an agent about it and she confirms that the connection for our condo building is just vdsl (not purely fiber), with 80% service reliability and 25% / 50% only of the 20Mbps for average upload / download speeds. is this good enough for playing online ps4 games? ;)

2. chluna

chluna New Member

Just this morning, a PLDT tech installed our Fibr line in our home. We upgraded from Plan 999, which peaks around 1 Mbps. Installation was rather quick than I expected (done by a single person and on a holiday too). D/L and U/L speeds are as expected from the plan (Plan 2899). Area is in Cainta, Rizal. Hopefully, future connection issues will be minimal.

[​IMG]

Theus likes this.
  3. chluna

chluna New Member

Has anyone here successfully enabled bridge mode on their ONU recently? I had already contacted PLDT three times last week, with the CSRs giving me different answers each time: (1) that I just simply change the setting in the ONU from route to bridge without any remote configuration from PLDT, (2) they will send a technician to do the configuration, and (3) they are not able to assist in helping me do bridging. Option 1 does not work for me, as it does not give me a WAN IP whenever I set it to bridge mode (along with disabling wireless and DHCP). FWIW, the ONU model that we are using is Fiberhome AN5506-04-F.

4. MFD888

MFD888 Member

Greenpark?

5. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

guys, what is the default dns servers for fibr? I changed it to google dns servers but i feel that it is slow opening up sites. thanks!

6. chluna

chluna New Member

Greenwoods.

7. chris2x

chris2x Active Member

just making sure you're using the correct Google DNS:
    https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

before falling back to PLDT, you might try OpenDNS first:
    https://www.opendns.com/setupguide/

will check if i have the default PLDT DNS servers saved somewhere at home later...

guwapito likes this.
  8. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

Here's a list of DNS servers for PLDT I found on a website before. But I still use Google's DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

guwapito likes this.
  9. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

my PLDT Fibr (and PLDT landline) has been down for almost a week now. a repairman finally came today and found that a wire in the box through which the cables pass had been eaten through--by ants! :( so now i'll have to wait for a couple more days for a fix. sometimes the most high-tech problems have the most low-tech causes.

10. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

has anyone encountered here an issue where you cannot log in to the web based GUI for the modem? i can see the web page fine but i can't log in using the default adminpldt (or pldtadmin) username.

11. Theus

Theus Well-Known Member

same thing happened to our PLDT landline box outside the house. anyway, still waiting for Fibr in our village (we're still on sky 50mbps).

penmanila likes this.
  12. JJB

JJB Member

To those who switched from dsl to fiber, which one is more reliable in terms of stable connection and speed?
    We've been having great dsl at 8mbps inspite of 3-4 kids watching YouTube videos with my wife watching Netflix all at the same time. I'm just curious if it's worth jumping to fiber. No complaints from them except before midnight that there's a slowdown every time.

13. penmanila

Staff Member

I've been very happy with the stability of my Fibr connection. I've had it for a year now and I've had two breakdowns including the present one (see my post above) but otherwise it's delivered pretty much as promised (50Mbps plan).

Theus and JJB like this.
  14. chris2x

chris2x Active Member

no complaints here either! the only time i've ever had to really complain to PLDT was when i was transitioning from FTH DSL to Fibr. otherwise everything has been very smooth sailing. :)

JJB likes this.
  15. neldeles

neldeles Member

Decided to upgrade to the Fiber 1899 plan. Was advised by CSR to either go to Business center or apply online. Did the latter and,after a very painful process of trying to link my landline number to my myHome account, was finally able to get it to work. I now have a "service request number that has been forwarded to their online team."

No messages or anything informing me how long I have to wait, or what the next steps are. Do I just assume that one day they'll contact me regarding my upgrade request? Any one else who upgraded via their website?

16. shiznit

shiznit Member

They will email you the progress/status of the upgrade in your provided email in myHome account.
    Nonetheless, you may reach the hotline for Fibr 101-3427 & have manually confirm to the CSR the status with the provided service request number.
    Hope this helps.

neldeles likes this.
  17. penmanila

Staff Member

Yes, I used the website and they got back to me by phone sometime after (maybe a couple of weeks? Can't recall exactly now.) installation was pretty fast after that.

neldeles likes this.
  18. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

my fibr problem (50+Mbps download, 50Kbps upload—kilobits!) was finally fixed. nothing i did (change cables, reboot, change DNS, etc.) worked.

"all it took" was a serviceman to come over my house, and him calling his colleague at the data center to remotely reconfigure my fiber modem. so if you have a similar problem, make that service call.

the skeptic in me wondered if they do this mess up modem configurations on purpose, so they can get service calls, like military spending—"use it or you lose it". sustained service demand means no downsizing, no layoffs, no early retirement.

but i'm happy to see my fibr back up again to where it should be: 90+Mbps up and down :) even if the international links are still asymmetrical.

markandapps and neldeles like this.
  19. chris2x

chris2x Active Member

yeah, processing online takes quite a bit of time, though am not really sure why. but once the ball is rolling it gets sorted out very quick. tip for you would be to follow up via their social media channels publicly - it can create a bit of urgency for them :)

neldeles likes this.
  20. neldeles

neldeles Member

They finally reached out to me. Unfortunately wala raw available "slots" in my area. Will have to retry application again in 1-2 months... (Anyone here with feedback on Globe Fiber? Might just have my PLDT DSL line cut and switch to that instead)