PlayStation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by barre05, Jun 11, 2013.

1. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

anybody else experiencing the sudden music change in Horizon Zero Dawn? it's quite jarring to the ears haha.

i'm about to start my Proving ritual later tonight when i get home, haha.

2. gravija_flare

gravija_flare Well-Known Member

3. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

4. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

What's a good USB 3.0 external hard drive to use with the PS4?

5. Chip

Chip PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm gonna go and suggest any WD hdd :D Seagate has failed me numerous times before *cries*

6. jetan

its the other way around seagate i suggest. WD/HGST has failed most of the time.

7. gravija_flare

gravija_flare Well-Known Member

i think i'm a bit lucky with both brands, since i use seagate drives to mirror wd drives for my data, video and photos, and both have served me well. so i would suggest either is ok, but probably get a unit with local warranty. :)

8. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member

I just updated my PS4 last night to version 4.50. Afterwards, while I was playing, my controller info suddenly popped in from the upper left of the screen followed by a "Headset Disconnected" notification. It happened several times after that. Funny thing is, I don't have a headset connected. Anyone experiencing the same thing? Is there anything I should disable in the settings to get rid of this? Thanks.

9. Chip

Though for internal HDD on the PS4, wala naman akong choice but to go with Seagate since sila lang merong 2TB. But for external, I went with the WD MyPassport na 4tb :D

jetan likes this.
  10. jetan

the other way around again. Seagate External 4TB. internal is Toshiba 1TB.

Chip likes this.
  11. jetan

next time ill e getting my drives in HK 5 year warranty vs local 1 year. i go to HK naman yearly.

12. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

i have 9 external HDD, 7 WD and 2 Seagate, all are still functioning. personally i prefer WD but Seagate is not that bad too, in the end longevity will be determined by how careful you are in using whatever external HDD you will buy. :)

13. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

Does anyone else's PS4 randomly go to rest mode or shut off? Mine's been doing it for the past two years -- I have a launch console -- and while nothing bad has happened YET, I'd really like to find a fix. YouTube and various other forums haven't given me any concrete solutions either.

14. a9828

a9828 Member

plugged in a new 1TB SG to transfer some of the less played games (it will take time before i really fill this up), now downloading the ones i've previously deleted. what's nice about the update is that you can download your psn games straight to the hdd. a lot cheaper also to buy external vs having to upgrade the built in 500gb

mokmoki likes this.
  15. mokmoki

I noticed these glitches in lighting on my PS4 Pro on a number of games (only thought of recording it on HZD). But I also see this effect on Bloodborne in certain areas (i.e. the rocky cliffs on the Orphan of Kos' boss arena, and sometimes in the Lecture Hall area with the Students).

Anybody else experience something similar on their PS4/Slim/Pro? I'm not sure if this is something normal or if my PS4 Pro has a problem. I can't recall experiencing something like this on my PS4 Slim (before I sold it). But it's not with me anymore so I can't compare it side by side.

16. Chip

Is boost mode turned on? I dunno, baka may effect sya? :) Try to switch it off? :eek:

17. mokmoki

nah, i've already noticed this even before FW 4.50, especially on certain scenes in bloodborne. it's not too concerning, but i just can't shake off that feeling that something might be wrong with my PS4 haha. i need to do a side by side test to have peace of mind =))

18. Chip

Rebuild database perhaps? :)

19. Carlo

Carlo Active Member

Anyone else having trouble signing on to PSN since yesterday? Asian/HK account here.

20. jetan

upload_2017-3-28_16-5-52.png

FFXV episode Gladious grabeeeeeeee 16.625GB i need a FIBR.

Chip likes this.