OS X Mavericks

Discussion in 'Mavericks (10.9)' started by bhoyetjumpay, Jun 11, 2013.

1. lesterjune

lesterjune Member

Is your thumb drive Windows-formatted? Mavericks can only write to Win32 disk format only. It has no native write support for NTFS-formatted drive

2. alikishi

alikishi Active Member

I am having problems installing a new copy of Mavericks on a Macbook Air 13". I have kept a copy of the installer and proceeded to make a bootable USB. It proceeds to the initial page of the installation but would give me several problems when I pick reinstalling the OSX but the general problem i think revolves around not being able to download additional components of OS X Mavericks.

Anybody have had experience with this specific problem? I'm currently stumped.

3. Skint

Skint Well-Known Member

Hello Philmug folks,

Kindly help me how to trouble shoot my mac mini wont boot maybe becuase it was not shut down properly. When I power my mac mini it loads with spinning wheel but after the loading completes the mini stills on but monitors enters sleep mode. What shall I do?

4. lesterjune

lesterjune Member

Can you boot it Recovery Mode? Then, do a Disk Utility to check disk status and file permissions.

5. Skint

Skint Well-Known Member

If Disk utility say's HD cant' be repaired back up your files and do recover files or data from disk? This means you can no longer access all the Users Accounts data inside just wipe out the hard drive and re install OSX or might be the the HD can no longer be used instead buy a new HD then install the OSX?

Thanks a lot again for reply.

6. PatrickGaerlan

PatrickGaerlan Super Moderator
    Staff Member

If you have a current backup, simplest and easiest thing to do would be to erase the partition and restore.

7. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

can anyone help me setup my imac on maverick to use my android phone to send fax?

many thanks in advance

8. madmax168

madmax168 Active Member

Yehey... the OS X 10.9.4 update finally fixed my wifi issues.

9. Furry

Furry Member

Same here! It was actually my wife who noticed that the mac wasn't connecting immediately to wifi upon waking up from sleep. This update took care of that. Good job Apple!

10. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

I also noticed a speedup in Startup/Shutdown times.

11. VicB

VicB Well-Known Member

From a quick Google of fax+mac+android, it seems that there are apps which you can docs as a fax thru your cellphone (iOS or Android) but none where the phone acts as your fax machine (for Android phones anyway).

12. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

I'm using the latest version of Safari and I'm having some issues with it. It fails to load some websites but when I check the status of the websites I'm trying to access via isitdownrightnow, it often says that those websites are actually up and my not being able to access them are because of issues on my end.

Has anybody got a fix for this?

13. sirbenski

sirbenski Member

I'm having the same problems too.
    I try to go to certain website (doesn't matter which one, Philmug, Facebook, Yahoo, etc) then after typing the web address or clicking the link, it displays the screen saying it cannot open the webpage. When I try a different browser, it will load.

Closing Safari and re-opening it sometimes works. I have no idea why this happens but it does happen to me very often. I know it isn't my connection because if i try browsing the same sites on my phone, it will load even though Safari on my laptop wouldn't display it.

Weird.

14. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

apple releases os x 10.9.5 with reliability improvements. includes safari 7.0.6

15. shakra00

shakra00 Member

I though I was the only one experiencing issues with Safari when it comes to loading websites. It's so hard to access soundcloud, even though Im able to access it through my S4

16. VicB

VicB Well-Known Member

There's an update for safari 7.1. :D

17. shakra00

shakra00 Member

18. triggerbokie

triggerbokie Member

im on 10.9.5. my desktop did something funny. i doubleclicked on a PNG file on my desktop and some of the icons moved counterclockwise. sayang wala akong screenshot of what it looked like before. anyone knows what this is? malayo pa april fools and
    i dont think apple will do such a prank.

19. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Where can I download this OSX version?

20. macsurge730

macsurge730 Well-Known Member

You can find it on the Purchased Tab of the App Store for Mac. If it does not appear there, you can email Apple Support, give your Apple ID (the one you used to download it before), the Apple Support will email you the Redeem Code for OS X Mavericks.