Order macbook online at apple.com/ph

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by markandapps, Nov 3, 2016.

1. markandapps

markandapps Member

Nagchcharge pa po ang customs ng tax when ordering sa apple.com/ph? I recently ordered USB-C to USB adapter from apple.com/ph and galing singapore pa pla ang item. Buti nlng sabi ng DHL sa akin, ndi na nagcharge ang customs ng tax dahil less than 1k ang value ng adapter. How about 60k pataas? May tax na?

2. pinoyslinger

pinoyslinger Active Member

3. markandapps

markandapps Member

4. kenobiz

kenobiz Active Member

Based on my experience purchasing from apple.com/ph, no additional charge or tax, you just need to pay amount posted in the website even the item is more than 100k.

You may also see note on the website saying

markandapps likes this.
  5. kenobiz

kenobiz Active Member

furthermore, If you are planning to buy mac or ipad, you can get educational discounts by shopping at their K12 site - http://www.apple.com/ph-k12/shop

But of course, there are local apple retail stores that provides discounts like Beyond The Box, etc.

markandapps likes this.
  6. markandapps

markandapps Member

Maraming salamat. Sa educational discount page tlg plano ko sana bumili kasi mas malapit ang pricing sa US apple store. Kaso ngayon, masyadong overpriced na. Again, Salamat po. ☺

7. mojako

mojako Member

Why is the 12" macbook 256gb priced @ 67k at the Apple PH student store? Parang walang discount?

8. duncan

duncan Active Member

srp i believe is 69,995.

9. markandapps

markandapps Member

Expect ko na tlg mag-ooverpice ang apple pro nde na man ganito ka sobra. Eto yung screenshot sa cp ko last month, October 20, ang mga prices ng macbook pro sa educational discount page.

Attached Files:

10. markandapps

markandapps Member

Yang macbook, dati 62k lng yan base model sa educational discount page.

11. kenobiz

kenobiz Active Member

^One factor is peso depreciation kaya may increase. Pero since their prices are tax-inclusive na, they should reduce the pricing of their products under 10k due to the updated import tax-free rules.

12. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

Their prices increased since the release of the new MacBook Pro. I bought my Macbook 12" Retina 2016 last August and its only 64990. now it 69990. MBA 13 also increased by 5k

13. markandapps

markandapps Member

Yang dalawa same specs lng po ba? Wala nagbago ata. Sa MBP base model, same specs, price increase tapos bawas pa ports. Saklap.

14. pael

pael Well-Known Member

price increase might be attributed to the current exchange rate? :(

15. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

^ correct amigo. Apple ph just got hit with the +5k and up increase across all current Macbook/Air/Pro lineups due to Peso depreciation vs USD.

better buy one in Japan in case you have the means to do so coz apart from the ¥ having gotten stronger against the USD, you get it tourist tax free upon presenting your PH passport. meaning, the price you see here is the actual price you'll pay converted to PHP. kindly open in Google Chrome for it to auto translate into Engrish. http://www.apple.com/jp/mac/

for the curious, if you're a Japanese local, you pay +8% tax on top of these prices.

last tip: if you want it even lower than what you see over at http://www.apple.com/jp/mac/ which happens to be the same price you'll get at an actual Apple store in Japan ( say in Ginza or Osaka ), they have an ongoing promo over at the 1st floor of the Yodobashi Camera Mall in Akihabara wherein if you pay using a Visa credit card, you get an addtional 5% discount. so deduct 5% off of whatever price you see on the Apple JP site and that's what you'll be paying on your Visa card. i got this for PHP10,724 at Yodobashi Camera. i'm not sure if this is a good price vs what we have back home.
    image.jpg

P.S. i'm not sure if one could get an educational discount at an actual Apple JP store upon presentation of a Ph student ID. i could try checking later once i drop by Ginza since i happen to have brought my grad school ID. trip lang. ala naman mawawala kung magtatanong tayo.

#15 pochiman, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    jayparalejas likes this.
  16. xxkarezxx

xxkarezxx New Member

the only drawback (for me) when buying sa apple store eh yung tracking. other than that, no prob

17. jayparalejas

Yeah no changes, just the prices. lol

18. jayparalejas

You've got a great deal on this, Last time i checked this Php12,490

19. jayparalejas

Its very minimal if you'd base it on the exchange rate, I think its their strategy, since iPhone sales are slowing... got to get more profit somewhere else. oh well. just wish they could release more dongles like the ones from OWC

20. den_lim

den_lim Active Member

Has anyone tried buying using the educational discount? The page says college student. My kid is only elementary? Will they give me a discount?