OPENPINOY — new Apple Authorized Reseller?

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by Chito Limson, May 25, 2014.

1. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

OPENPINOY.com is claiming to be an AAR, from what I saw on their Facebook posting/ad.

What do we know of this outfit? Who are the people behind it/running the business? Is it truly based in the Philippines? Has anybody in the forum dealt with them yet?

I haven't done any price comparisons vis-á-vis the known APRs and AARs, especially those with brick-and-mortar shop fronts.

I'm not planning to transact with them as I have no real need for any Apple device right now, but this is simply a matter of curiosity to me.

2. glennba27

glennba27 Active Member

From what I remember, years ago (maybe up to now), they sell surplus PC systems and parts. They're based here sir, iirc, Greenhills area.

3. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

Is openpinoy the one in ortigas ave? Before Ronac center?
    If it is, I brought from them years ago a memory for an old pc.

4. mark_17

mark_17 Active Member

yes they were known to re-sell surplus computer and parts from korea... then started selling brand new computers and parts from local suppliers... they also added CCTV products... and now they are an authorized apple reseller since late last year if I'm not mistaken and their prices are competitive.

5. geraldo3

geraldo3 Member

6. DarkHalf

DarkHalf Active Member

We pass by this store all the time. :) We saw the Apple logo and they had a poster out front about being an Apple authorized reseller, although I don't see them in the list from the Apple website.

We go here to check out monitors and CCTV stuff. Will see if we can drop by to take a look at their Apple offerings soon.

7. katvillarin

katvillarin New Member

i buy most computer parts from openpinoy. so far ang ayaw ko lang sa kanila ay matagal makuha yung mga pinapa repair.

8. loko__loko

loko__loko Active Member

maybe just an Apple Reseller.... just like other computer shops who sells Apple products.

9. Pasionair

Pasionair Member

Service can be slow and high defect rate versus HMR

10. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

docjbr and Chito Limson like this.