Oldest Apple product you still use at least 1x/week

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by King, Sep 29, 2017.

1. number001

number001 Active Member

iPhone 4 - 7 yrs (this year)

iPad 3rd Gen (5 years, 7 months).

2. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

cyberathlete likes this.
  3. penmanila

Staff Member

i haven't used it yet that much because i got it just a couple of hours ago, but this "new" gadget of mine will certainly warm many hearts here in philmug. i saw this in olx.ph and knew i just had to have it. it's the first-generation iphone (sometimes called the 2G, because EDGE was all it could do, not even GPRS). so it's ten years old, but this one's remarkably clean, sharp--and it works! all the buttons work, and i've set it up with my gmail, appstore, itunes syncing, etc. the camera works (although it's funny how that crappy 2MP camera was already OK to us then), the ipod app works and plays clear loud music. the seller told me that the battery still lasts for a full day on a charge (but i've already sourced a spare new battery from US, which i'll have burn esquivias install). can you believe that a ten-year-old cellphone (where are the comparable BBs, nokias, and treos?) still works perfectly? this has been jailbroken, of course, and is running on 3.1.3. i put a globe TM SIM card in it (the full-sized one haha) and it worked right out of the box. not a bad toy for 2.5K! met the seller this morning in starbucks sta. lucia--a fellow philmugger, soulblighter--salamat! (there are still shrinkwrapped, unboxed ones selling on ebay for as much as $9,500.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and it's snug as a bug in the leather case that's been waiting for it all this time!

[​IMG]

and in honor of my new acquisition, i've set my iphone X's wallpaper to the original earth, and its ringtone to the old marimba (bet you haven't heard that one in a long time!).

[​IMG]

happy new year!

vtf, greta87, Nikkio96 and 8 others like this.
  4. mac1331

mac1331 New Member

Got an iPhone first gen too last month for only 1.6k! It had scratches at the back though and the sim tray is missing hence the lower price hehe. I loaded it with songs and I've been using it as an iPod:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I also took a photo similar to that of Sir @penmanila with my not-so-new iPhone 6S when I got it:
    [​IMG]

Theus and penmanila like this.
  5. penmanila

Staff Member

^ you know, you can still get a replacement SIM tray, cheap, on ebay US:

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/b0/60/93/b060935281d07c6313ae557af3f2057d.jpg

i just got a screen protector (for $1) from canada ha ha. might as well dress up this baby. oh, and also a replacement battery from the US for less than $10.

PS / and i see that you're from cainta--i got my phone in cainta this morning, from a seller in sta. lucia mall ;)

mac1331 likes this.
  6. penmanila

Staff Member

slightly OT (although apple and palm were once kindred spirits), a message from my palm IIIe:

[​IMG]

even my 2G iphone got into the spirit of the season (seriously, this appeared when i turned on the phone after a reboot--have no idea how! i haven't hacked it, and i don't see the snowflake on any of my other iphones):

[​IMG]

EDIT: okay, i figured it out--my phone was jailbroken with sn0wbreeze, which produces this logo. cool! ;)

jerichojanolo and Qin Zhi like this.
  7. mac1331

mac1331 New Member

Actually waiting for the seller to find the sim tray, he said he'll find it daw :LOL:

I think I saw soulblighter's ad for that iPhone before, but when I had the cash to buy the phone it wasn't posted anymore. Glad that it was bought by another Philmugger! Happy new year!

8. penmanila

Staff Member

i decided to do a new year's day cleanup and put together all my mac and apple stuff in one place. i think there's enough here to open a little apple store ;) (and yes, i still use some of these pretty regularly!)

[​IMG]

i've sold a few, so there should be more....

[​IMG]

greta87, Nikkio96, catalysmic and 8 others like this.
  9. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1st GEN iPod Shuffle 1GB

10. penmanila

Staff Member

My three working iPhone 2G's--had fresh batteries installed by Burn Esquivias last Saturday (got the batteries on eBay). Just need to sync their clocks, haha ;)

[​IMG]

greta87, Pupkin, mac1331 and 5 others like this.
  11. arjaysalting

arjaysalting Member

Nice, I still have my iPhone 2G but needs a battery replacement.

12. seahaven

seahaven Member

I still use my mbp 2009almost daily. Mainly use it to download stuff, and edit 1080p vids for youtube using imovie. I already upgraded its hd and ram years ago and the battery was replaced too fr GH.

13. seahaven

seahaven Member

My old iphone 4s is still on service and being used by gf as she is not so fond of upgrading.

14. Nikkio96

Nikkio96 Active Member

I just used....
    ....a 3rd gen iPad and
    ....a 1st gen iPad Mini

But both are being “phased out” by my son already to make way for newer iPads.

I still use....
    ...my Original (not Series 1) Apple Watch (bought in 2015!)

15. mac1331

mac1331 New Member

S models. No 3GS though so here’s an iPhone first gen coming in as proxy!
    [​IMG]

penmanila likes this.
  16. Quibs

Quibs New Member

Macbook Early 2009

17. levijones

levijones Member

My iPod Touch 2nd gen from 2009 is still alive and kicking, with great battery life. It's my primary podcast player, and I pair it with my bluetooth speaker. I use it daily during commute and before sleeping. The chrome back still looks new :) due to the protective case.

Still connects to iTunes and can download new podcast episodes over WIFI, but it does take patience as it's super slow compared to newer devices
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

#77 levijones, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018