Official: Discount Coupon for Philmug Members

Discussion in 'Beyond The Box' started by To the Summit, Mar 7, 2017.

1. neilrg

neilrg Active Member

2. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

Never got to use this and the mechanics of it's use was not made very clear before. I hope we get to use it someday
    IMG_0360.JPG

ronjet likes this.
  3. catalysmic

catalysmic Active Member

Got the SAME email too.. The good ol (better discounts) days are gone for DW / BTB Apple buyers.. PhilMUG mem does not hold same perks it used to have..

4. fredmontano

fredmontano New Member

Hay. Maybe thats the reason why i havent received any reply email for a btb discount on ipad mini 4.

5. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

Purchased some stuff from Digital Walker a while ago (impromptu), good thing I have an ARC (Ayala Reward Card),same privileges to our PhilMUG members.

6. tasa

tasa Member

Wow this is great. I wish I'd known about this group and the discounts sooner. Thanks Charlie and BTB!

7. ennairen18

ennairen18 Member

I was still able to buy iPad from BTB at PhilMUG price just today. What I did was e-mailed them a few days ago asking if they offer discount for cash purchase but I also told them I'm a PhilMUG member as well. They replied with a price list labeled "PhilMUG prices." When I was about to reserve, I was told there was no stock available for the iPad 32g so I didn't ask for a voucher na. I opted to look for other sellers that offer the discount. Before buying from the other store, I still wanted to check out BTB first (because I always go to BTB and Digital Walker for accessories), so I went there, and they already have stocks, which just arrived yesterday. I asked if I can still avail of the discounted price even without the voucher but I showed them the e-mails. They were accommodating and tried to contact their office. I also tried to e-mail them again if they can send me the voucher since I'm at the store already. Gladly, I quickly received a response saying that they'll send the voucher directly to BTB Vmall, so I was still able to buy. :) Kudos to the staff of BTB Vmall!

ronjet likes this.
  8. ronjet

ronjet Well-Known Member

@ennairen18 , this is such good news. :) i also emailed them, too bad they still don't have stock of the item I was looking for.

9. ennairen18

ennairen18 Member

If you can drop by at their shop, you can ask if they have stocks. I was told too there were no more stocks, I just tried my luck and when I got there, it turned out they have just gotten a delivery the previous day. :)

ronjet likes this.
  10. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

What’s the discount for arc card? Are there restrictions? Tia

11. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

Less 10% on cash and 5% on Credit Card. Same as PhilMUG discount.

ronjet likes this.
  12. Davel

Davel New Member

Setting the right expectations..

Attached Files:

13. pinkfreak

pinkfreak New Member

Last week we were still able to buy an iPhone with a 5% discount using the coupon in BTB Century Mall.

14. Edelheid

Edelheid Active Member

Anybody here knows if I need an actual email response from sales@beyondthebox.ph—upon settling my downpayment towards a built-to-order unit—as indication that they have placed in the order? My receipt tells me order(s) are placed within at least 1 business day, but at the same time a rep from sales@beyondthebox.ph asked me leave an email nonetheless for acknowledgement. I settled mine last week and even left an email the same day, but to this day there's still no reply.

15. onchpgong

onchpgong Member

My 2 cents on this is that this process only makes
    • sales cycle longer
    • encourage loss of sales.
    The problem posted by Charlie is about staff pocketing the discounts. This new process might help with solving the problem, but definitely this is not the proper solution since it is not targeting the problem itself.

Philmug Discounts are recorded manually and separately from the POS system. We all know that manual processes are always open to be abused. So why not apply an appropriate solution to the problem by incorporating the discount through the POS system. In this manner everything is properly documented (in the receipt) and automatically (without manual intervention) including the price of the unit, philmug discount applied, amount tendered, the change (if cash) and even the appropriate taxes applicable. In this manner everything gets through a single source of truth which is the POS system.

There are several ways of how BTB/DW can apply the discount to Philmug Members:
    1. Upload the names of Philmug Members (following an established criteria if they want to limit to legit members with certain number of posts, length of Philmug Membership, etc.) into the POS database similar to SKU and pricing details
    2. Launch a membership card system that can be used for discounts at the time of the transaction, where the card can carry various pricing conditions such as (5% card, 10% cash for accessories, etc.)

We do not have to reinvent the wheel. There are already some best practices out there being implemented. All we have to do is be accommodate the change and see its benefits.

ennairen18 likes this.