Netflix Philippines

Discussion in 'Media and content' started by Adarna, Jan 7, 2016.

1. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Fauda is some Jewish anti-terror show that is likely to inflame Palestinian sensitivities...I watched it because I thought it was a travel show...

Under the Arctic Sky is another travel show that isn’t but more of some police procedurals series set in the Arctic zone...

#1061 hitme64, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    ronjet, Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....somewhat of a fan of Fauda as well. What struck me is how accurate the show portrays the difficult and complicated political dynamics that is in place there (Jewish vs. Palestinians).

ronjet, hitme64 and Sunil_K like this.
  3. p.pipster

p.pipster Well-Known Member

Is started as a longer and more philosophical version of Blade Runner (the newer one).

However, 6-7 episodes in it started to become Total Recall (also the newer one).

Still, great series overall.

vtf and hitme64 like this.
  4. hitme64

^Nothing new for the week...all the prime shows and movies have been watched...

I feel like going bonkers on Forgetting Sarah Marshall...maybe a fix of Russell Brand to calm an otherwise boring week...

Sunil_K likes this.
  5. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

It's an ok story. Good visuals. But it went on waaay too long. I think they could have wrapped it all up in 6 or 7 episodes.

Netskipper, bacchus_3 and hitme64 like this.
  6. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 Well-Known Member

For me it went downhill when the sister revelation started...the plot was too simple after that.

Godfather likes this.
  7. hitme64

^It's suppose to be a murder mystery: Who killed Laurens Bancroft? Instead, it was a little Fifty Shades cum Minority Report cum Judge Dredd rolled into Blade Runner (sans the Director's Cut)...

Can't wait for Season 2 and find out which sleeve Takeshi Kovacs would be in...

Sunil_K, vtf and Godfather like this.
  8. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

About that. I get that film noir, gumshoe, damsel in distress with the abusive husband part that the story was going for.

But I still don't get why Bancroft would have been convinced into resuscitating and hiring an Envoy, who were rebel super soliders - not exactly the detective or private dick type.

SPOILER: Of course later, it would turn out that it was the sister's idea, and that she had insisted on it to Bancroft for her own personal reasons, yada yada yada. Boy that's an unhealthy and ultra-creepy sibling relationship they got there, like Fatal Attraction but with a sister. Eeeewww. For a moment, I thought they were going to reveal that when Miriam (Mrs. MILFY Bancroft) visited Kovacs in his hotel room for some sexy times, it was actually Reileen in Miriam the Milf's sleeve. :p That's some nasty Lannister shit.

By the way, the hotness in this show for me was not Kristin, but Miriam. Of course I would always favor the MILF.

[​IMG]

Mykolant, raypin, hitme64 and 3 others like this.
  9. p.pipster

^ Yes. Eff, yes.

Godfather likes this.
  10. vtf

vtf Active Member

FCD5CDBC-3EA3-4548-82D0-FB1C03CBAAFB.jpeg a sleeveless sleeve? credits to the owner of this photo...

#1070 vtf, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  11. hitme64

Vava-voom...89% said they enjoyed the Miriam tryst than the one with Kristin...now you know

Godfather likes this.
  12. p.pipster

^ why isn't there a dedicated episode of Kovacs II's paradise island adventure?!

Sunil_K, hitme64 and bacchus_3 like this.
  13. vtf

vtf Active Member

Atelier: an entertaining Japanese series with witty and very driven characters set in the glamorous world of high fashion.

14. eag

eag Active Member

Thanks for all the replies. Found myself starting things off with episodes of the Black Mirror for oldies, The Twilight Zone. Old school fun in 20 minute segments. Fun to spot actors you know from other shows/movies in the episodes (ex. Martin Landau was a cowboy in season 1, episode 3)

15. kinse_44

kinse_44 Well-Known Member

Added The Joel McHale Show to my Netflix list. I was a fan of The Soup (previously Talk Soup) on E!, and I'm glad Joel is back poking fun at weird TV shows and pop culture. I hope the show gets to run for years.

16. lamski

lamski Well-Known Member

Toast of London is hilarious! Binged the whole thing in one afternoon. :D

17. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

Didn't like Cloverfield Paradox at all... but watching Chris O'Dowd there makes me want to watch The IT Crowd all over again. So I'm all set for the weekend!

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" :ROFLMAO:

Or I may also watch this seeing Matt Berry is in the lead role. Thanks for the tip! :cool:

18. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Something to look forward to

[​IMG]

Reason for Netflix: Didn't test well w/ focus groups but critics gave it 90% on RT.

US, Canada and China will see it on the big screen though.

hitme64, Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  19. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

^^ I think I saw a trailer of that. Maybe they'll show it tin the cinemas here as well?

20. hitme64

Annihilation is like the antithesis of The Cloverfield Paradox. Either way if it fails it won’t be as miserable as TCP or even Bright.