need some help in pricing this macpro thanks!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by joseazucena, Dec 27, 2015.

1. joseazucena

joseazucena New Member

Hi guys i am looking at disposing my macpro here are the specs:

2x2.66 ghz dual core intel xeon
    5gb 667 mhz ecc ddr2 fb-dimm
    nvidia geforce 7300 gt 256 mb
    it also has an AJA kona card for editing and has dual 23 inch apple HD monitors

anyone has an idea how much i can still sell it? thanks!

2. VicB

VicB Well-Known Member

You could try seeing how an equivalent unit is priced in eBay-US. You can then make an estimate on shipping cost & taxes for having something like that brought here. You could also try Olx.com.ph to see if an equivalent unit is being sold locally.

3. v8designstudio

That FBDIMM 667 spec is quite possibly a macpro 1,1 which, although dated, remains a workhorse. A quick SSD replacement, a 5770 Radeon and a bump on memory to 32gb will give it the speedbump you might be looking for. But if you do intend to just liquidate, price it on the 10-20k range at olx, you will face a lot inquiries if you price it near the lower matrix- but thats up to you. I've seen workstations there posted for like years because they are priced unattractively... they are still there till now. Sell the displays separately as well, that will get you a lot of hits. But as a complete dual-display set, price between 25-30k will wow many buyers. Post as well if boxes are intact as this makes it very feasible for provincial buyers. And post here at the marketplace too.

4. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

for reference, Beyond the Box put on sale in 2014, the brand new-old stock 2012 models for 40K. zero interest & 24 months to pay.

v8designstudio likes this.
  5. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

but with two HD displays? wow, i would have wanted one of those if this sale were to be in parts...

6. v8designstudio

There goes your pricing.

7. lowender

lowender Member

i saw a macpro 1.1 in tipidpc selling for 6500 pesos dont know if it's cheap.

8. juanp

juanp Member

I have all maxed out Mac Pro 1,1 2,1 3,1 and 5,1

I really enjoy upgrading desktops. And the cheese grater Mac Pro is still as powerful or even more powerful that the new Mac Pro.
    Modular desktop is still so upgradable upto now w very reasonable price upgrades.

I actually bought a Mac Pro 1,1 in tipidpc for 5k
    upgraded the processor to dual 3ghz
    updated the firmware to 2,1
    upgraded the ram to 32gb
    Upgraded amd 6870 2gb pc video card plug and play (no apple boot screen)
    PCIE ssd
    Usb3 pcie

the only thing that the old Mac Pro doesn't have is thunderbolt. BUT we do have 4 PCIE expansion which is faster than thunderbolt. And internal 4+2 Sata hd bays.

I heard apple is releasing a modular Mac Pro again this 2018. I can't wait for that!