MUG-Droids... PhilMUG Android Users

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by kentamayo, Nov 29, 2009.

1. VicB

VicB Well-Known Member

Hope it comes out before November. I'll be in Singapore in mid-Nov. Hope to compare prices there with the ones here. The GST rebate always helps.

2. suigeneris

suigeneris Well-Known Member

The p10 is a good phone with a great camera. The OnePlus has a good camera too. You can't go wrong with either.

tiffitotz likes this.
  3. gaol

gaol Well-Known Member

I have this. It's very very snappy. Coming from the Nexus 6P, the oxygenOS is almost like the pure Android experience I like in the Nexus. Battery life is excellent so far for my usage. The speed of dash charging is phenomenal. The camera is a huge improvement over the Nexus camera. It would have been even better for some shots with OIS though, especially, since I have shaky hands, but the photos that don't need OIS look very good. The auto-enhance editing feature looks too over-processed so I use it sparingly. I don't know how it is compared with the camera of the Huawei phones though.

tiffitotz likes this.
  4. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

The OnePlus 5 seems amazing on paper but I found out about the jelly effect and I found it weird. I haven't decided on it being tolerable or not but it might be a deal-breaker for me though.

5. suigeneris

I owned and used a OnePlus 5 and now currently use the P10.

I may just be lucky but mine didn't have a jelly effect or maybe I just couldn't see it. If you buy from DW, upon opening, check if it has Jelly Effect. Based on Charlie's messages in the FB Group, DW will replace the unit if it has Jelly Effect.

As for the Camera, it is good. Lack of OIS can be felt when it's low light but other than that the pics are surprisingly really good. Dash charge is just amazing. Fastest I've experienced in any mobile with fast charging.

As for speed, haven't experienced any kind of lag from the app switcher to video and photo editing to playing graphic intensive games such as Injustice 2. My s8 plus had dropped frames with that game. The OP5 is THAT fast. No apps have crashed also. Used it for about 2 months.

If you're looking for bang for your buck, you really can't go wrong with the OP5.

The P10, I've experienced app crashes but it's really because of the aggressive memory/battery management of EMUI. When I turned off the option to close excessive battery draining apps, apps don't crah that often anymore, probably once a week or sometimes none. If camera is your sole consideration, I'd go for the P10. But caveat, the P10 is not really more of a point and shoot. Although auto mode works fine, i find that with a little more tweaking in manual mode, you get great photos from the P10.

tiffitotz likes this.
  6. gaol

gaol Well-Known Member

If there's the jelly effect on my unit, I don't see it, or I don't notice it enough to bother me. Personally, I think it's just nitpicking among some reviewers or users.

suigeneris and tiffitotz like this.
  7. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

I'm just curious though. What made you switch to the P10?

8. suigeneris

Camera :) i love the artsy fartsy monochrome. When I had the p9 last year, i shot the hell out of that phone. Even created a dedicated monochrome album on my FB.

And also, the better half wanted the OP5 so, I was more than happy to surrender it. Happy partner, happy life.

tiffitotz and Sunil_K like this.
  9. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

Decided to go with the P10. No regrets! Although for the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to bring back the 'double tap spacebar for full stop' after an update today removed that functionality.

10. VicB

VicB Well-Known Member

Any news when the LG V30 will be available locally & price?

11. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

12. gestapo

gestapo Active Member

I have. Planning to sell it to add funds for a Note 8 but I might keep it instead as a development phone. :)

13. caffelatte

caffelatte Member

how's the camera? im also looking into it since no more nexus and pixel is too expensive :(

14. GilGrissom

GilGrissom Active Member

I thought long and hard about this years Pixel. So I ended up pre-ordering the Panda 64GB Pixel 2XL. Delivery date is not until 11/14. I will be getting $100 off a trade in for my 6P which is dying at 50% battery level. ;S Google is giving me 7 days to ship it to them....as a paperweight probably.

I plan to jog to the apple store within the week and buy an iphone 8. Apple has a 14 day return policy. I will see how that transition will go. If I like it I will stay with iOS and sell my Pixel. (I am starting to hear that there now a backlog for the Panda 2XL version so hopefully I get a premium)

If I end up having withdrawal symptoms from android I will return the iphone to get a refund and enjoy squeezing my "reduced bezel" pixel.

15. gestapo

gestapo Active Member

honestly, i don't know why i bought it. ha ha ha! it's just in the box, selling it actually for 80USD less. maybe i'll just buy it next time, if there's a need. haven't used the camera that much but it seems like it's okay - not the level of the Samsung perhaps

16. danlincoln

danlincoln Member

Currently using the Note 8. Anyone knows how to have all apps on the home screen?

17. kinse_44

kinse_44 Well-Known Member

Settings > Display > Home Screen > Home Screen Layout > Home Screen Only

danlincoln likes this.
  18. ramil

ramil Active Member

Waze now works with Android Auto, but not yet with Apple CarPlay.

I planning to get a cheap or good value Android phone that I can use primarily for Android Auto, and also as kids' phone sometimes.

Any suggestions? Budget is around 5,000. Thanks.

19. amielDH

amielDH Member

Is there anybody here using the Nokia 5 or Nokia 6? Can’t seem to decide between the two, but I’m leaning more towards the Nokia 5 since they both have the same chipset and battery capacity making the Nokia 5 more battery conscious since it has a lower resolution display. Question is, is Nokia 5’s 720p display good enough?

20. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member