MERGED: Power Mac Center Feedback..

Discussion in 'Power Mac Center' started by filiusdei, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

Believe me, all stores sometimes have this kind of answer with similar questions.

2. cybersniper

cybersniper Well-Known Member

try asking them how much SSD does a 1TB or 2TB FusionDrive has... baka mag nose bleed yan. hehehe

They're no different from sales people in Tiangges, it's just that they're in an Apple Authorized Reseller store and they're wearing uniform.

Salaryman Ryan likes this.
  3. minenskie

minenskie Member

^ Agreed on that. However, having a basic-to-advance knowledge to what you are selling would really help to attract possible customer to buy your product even if they don't feel like buying it.

Before... I tried applying to Powermac. I believe my experience and background knowledge were able to meet the qualifications they are looking for aside from being a degree holder. In-short, I got rejected. :)

4. AlphaBrain

AlphaBrain Member

Honestly one of my biggest pet peeves of customer service here in the Philippines. While usually people who work in these types of environments are extremely courteous and accommodating, the lack of basic product knowledge is disappointing. They should have some sort of basic knowledge on the products, especially working in technology, even more so if you're working for a company that sells high-end products like Apple etc.

Salaryman Ryan and cybersniper like this.
  5. on_arb

on_arb Member

Guys just want to ask, does Power Mac accept iPhone repairs even though if the phone was not bought from their store?

Thanks in advance. :)

6. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

Yes they do.

7. jhann8

jhann8 Member

I was at the Power Mac Service Center earlier and I had my MBA checked as I suspect a burnt magsafe adapter or power port.

Anyway had it checked and they "think" there are burn marks on my port. My adapter has a crack which I don't know where I got because this particular MBA I use for desktop computing and I have a pretty organized charging bay in my home office. So, anyway, dude runs diagnostics and finds my MBA is okay (thank God!) and tells me I have to replace my adapter. Okay, I may accept that maybe of our cleaning ladies accidentaly dropped the charger or something. I told them I wanted to have my port cleaned of the marks as it may affect the charging even if I buy another adapter AND THEY REFUSED ME. They can't take out those marks daw. WTF. I just finished cleaning the port with a cotton swab to remove the gunk out and the gunk came off. HELLO?! Why did I buy my Applecare Protection Plan for? And I bought it from Power Mac Center too ha.

I mean, I know technicians can clean this better than me but they refused. It's not like just a cosmetic issue here. UGH.

Hay, Pilipinas.

8. Ghooost14

Ghooost14 New Member

Hello po may bad experience ako sa power mac service center moa at festival mall

Problem ko vibration maingay sya pag naka tilted ung phone ko Under warranty pa unit ko smart plan
    Unang ginawa ko pumunta ako ng power mac moa explain ko ang problema sa nag assist sakin Pina rinig nya sa engr nila Binuksan ang unit pra check nila burado lahat so ok lang pti TG ko d na naibalik ok lang din nung nakuha kuna unit ko andun parin ung Ingay pag nag vvibrate ung unit ang sabi ng nag assist sakin. Normal lang daw un sabi ng engr nila tpos napapailing na lang ung nag assist sakin kc alam nya na di pa ok ang unit ko nakakadismaya umuwi ako na ganun parin Di nako nakipagtalo sa kanila kc inisip ko bka mya sabihin nila tampered unit ko para mag bayad ako Tinatamad lang yung engr nila

Pag uwi ko ng bahay tumawag ako sa mismong apple explain ko ang sira ng phone di ma gets nung nakausap ko ginawa nya pinakausap nya ako sa apple senior adviser nila nakausap ko at explain ko nanaman ung sakit, ang sabi nya magpadala ako ng video so ginawa ko naman nung nakita na nila yung video my tumawag sakin main office yata ng apple sacramento usa Ang sabi sakin dalhin ko sa autheize service center nila or power mac service center. Para mapalitan ang unit on d spot Sabi ko 3-4weeks bago makuha ang unit kasi oorder pa daw sa singapore kaya matagal sabi ng nakausap ko dalhin na daw para mapalitan gagawa sya ng letter ipapasok sa serial number ng unit para makita ng service center ang ginawa ko pumunta ulit ako sa power moa sinabi ko na kausap ko c senior adviser ng apple care at pinakita ang email. Sagot ba naman sakin nung nag assist wala pa daw email pra sa replacement ng unit ko.
    Nabadtrip ako tinawagan ko ulit c apple hotline ok na daw dalhin ko na langg sa service center

Ngyun dinala ko kanina sa power mac festival mall process nanaman nila SOP binuksan unit. Pinakingan na detect nila ung sira Ang sabi sakin pwede ko na daw iwan unit sabay banat. Na 7days recheck ulit unit then 4-5weeks ang process ng replacement kc oorder p sa singapore kc mtgal daw sa custom natin Dami pa paliwanag kesyo ganun daw etc ginawa ko pinulout ko na lang ang unit kc wala ako gagamitin sa office wala ako pamalit at naka plan Isang buwan ako mawawalan ng unit pero magbabayad ako ng buo sa network ng di nagagamit service nila ... parang tinatamad sila magprocess Para sa replacement ng unit nakakadismaya Nasayang ang pagud at pag absent ko
    Dismayado ako sa power mac MOA nakita na nila ang problema sabay sasabihin normal lang daw yun kahit anonng paliwanag ko wala paring nangyari Para sa power mac festival mall nman 4-5weeks plus 7days para sa recheck ng unit bale 6weeks na ang alam ko 3-4weeks process lang. yan ang sinasabi para madismaya ang customer at mag backout para less sila sa trabaho.

Ang ginawa ko sa unit ko Off vibration na lang until may 2017 pa warranty

Sensya na mahabang kwento

9. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Bring your unit at QCD TECH Robinsons Galleria

10. MJOng1123

MJOng1123 New Member

Just want to warn everybody about MY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH NORTHEAST POWER MAC SERVICE CENTER IN CONNECTICUT GREENHILLS.
    my daughter accidentally spilled juice on our Macbook Pro so I asked my driver to bring it to them.
    1st they do not want to accept the laptop without a deposit of 2,500.00 evethou they have my laptop.
    2nd when I called them to check the status they just told me that the motherboard is broken and it is better to buy new unit instead of repairing it.

this happened sometime early 2016 from january to March 2016, since I am not convince with their conclusion, I waited for days to dry the laptop and turned it on again and it worked.(it is obvious that they did nothing)
    its been more than a year now and my laptop works fine and I just remembered how pissed I was because I almost throwed it away.

Will I get a refund? how many more victims are they going to rob? PLS SHARE!!!

11. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

I totally understand you being upset to the service that PMSC in GH provided, but there's no need to spam the board - it won't change anything anyways.

Have you tried calling their head office to file a complaint?
    Did you have a document saying the deposit you given is refundable?

Sunil_K likes this.
  12. mree

mree Active Member

It's because they want to get to 30 posts right away, i bet.

Funny how someone's complaining for an alleged mishandling of repair or service, then thinking if they can get a refund after over a year.

13. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

Funny also that if this happened to me, I would have been the complete opposite and be ecstatic that I only lost 2.5k for the deposit instead of the possibility of having to spend lots more $$$ to buy a new MBP

14. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..from what I know, a small diagnostics fee is paid even if the unit is not repaired. 2500 seems exorbitant. If it is a deposit, then it is subject to refund if no repairs was done. However, the owner seems negligent. The time to get the refund, minus diagnostics fee, was when the unit was withdrawn from the service center, not a year later.

But in cases like this, there is a legal recourse called small claims court (for monetary claims of Php 200,000 or less). I am assuming that there was prior communications between the owner of the laptop and the service center and no action was taken (by the service center). If you feel strongly about this (as a matter of principle), I suggest you take the next step. Read the fine print on the receipt (if you still have it), then act.

Primer:

http://ndvlaw.com/q-a-on-small-claims-cases-in-the-philippines/

#994 raypin, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
    Qin Zhi likes this.
  15. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

True as I used to work for a computer repair shop here - we charge $60 for diagnostics fee, usually if we deem the unit is irreparable. Then we charge more if we actually need to repair it and it is fixable.

Negligence is expensive.

16. Everythinglou

Everythinglou Member

Sir I sent you a personal message one of there employee is sending me threats that he will report me to the police because I disclosed his named on post here in philmug regarding my experience with the store

Surprisingly he found my facebook and instagram which is a clear violation of my privacy as a customer, he even sent me photos of my profile that contains basic information about me, I have saved all of our conversations he works at Abreeza Mall in davao emailed powermac but still no reply also sent a message on facebook

Will also be seeking legal advice later with one of our company lawyers

17. MJOng1123

MJOng1123 New Member

I am just sharing my bad experience so that other mac owner will save money, time and stop service centers like in northeast greenhills connecticut which I believe did not even bother to open the unit after recieving my diagnostic fee.
    I thought that organization such as this PHILMUG is the right group to help us get their attention and to warn people from this kind of scam.

my apology if some people don't seem to appreciate me sharing and warning them. thanks!

18. MJOng1123

MJOng1123 New Member

first... Its been quite awhile since I have not use the laptop because of smartphones and my new IMAC, its when I used it again and noticed that everything still working well that made me realized to find ways to warn other potential victims.
    my apology if I am not expert in posting messages in forums like this.
    I am not good participating and sharing messages that is why I just posted this message anywhere just to make sure it reach the people concern.
    thanks