MBP 13-in, Early 2011 Repair

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ayra, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Ayra

Ayra New Member

Hi, PhilMUG!

Do you know any reputable (cheap) repair centers in Laguna/Manila area for my old time-y MacBook Pro? I'm not exactly knowledgeable on the technical stuff. All I know is my computer goes on Safe Boot every time I open it. Some of the keys do not work. The keyboard light also doesn't work. I want it to be good as new without having to plug an external keyboard. I use it mainly for writing, and having the external keyboard does not exactly make it portable.

I want to have it repaired but my budget is only around 15-20k. Do you know any place where I can have my computer checked?

Big thank yous.

2. makintosh

makintosh Active Member

Welcome to PhilMUG!

I think there are some shops in ATC or Festival Mall in the south where you can bring your unit for checking. Ynzal in QC is the go to shop if you are willing to travel north. Halfway is my place in Pasig should it be accessible to you. No charge on diagnostics.

The keys and backlight in the keyboard not working is a sign of hardware problem. Worst case scenario some major parts may need replacement and they can be quite costly depending on where you bring your unit for servicing. Booting in safe mode may mean your hard drive is failing or your file system is messed up and may just need a fresh install.

3. BakedMacNinja

BakedMacNinja New Member

I would also like to ask for your inputs for preferred shop that repairs/replaces lcd. This is for macbook pro 13" model 2016. The screen is very dim, adjusting the brightness does not help. I need to use a flash light to actually see what's on the screen. Thank you in advance!

4. bmarie

bmarie Member

Where is your shop?