Marvel or DC?

Discussion in 'General OT' started by bricyman, Nov 18, 2011.

1. bricyman

bricyman New Member

Can we get a roll call, who are into DC or Marvel comics?

Being raised into Marvel by my uncle, so I'm a Marvel Junkie! :)

2. yammie

yammie Active Member

same here. i'm a marvel. :D

3. decyph3r

decyph3r Member

Marvel fan here... :cool:

4. barre05

barre05 Well-Known Member

My first comic book was Superman (forgot which issue), and I'm a Batman nut now, so DC for me. The New 52 of DC is a welcome and fresh development for DC, I must say.

But i'm also a fan of some of Marvel's creations. :)

5. booblanco

booblanco Active Member

those of us who grew up in some very memorable eras between the two very well know that we can't do without both

6. bluechips

bluechips Member

definitely marvel because of X-men

7. abbadon

abbadon Member

Used to be a Marvel nut, but got into the DC stuff with the New 52 particularly stuff written by Snyder, Morrison, and Johns. The only Marvel books I dig right now is Wolverine and the X-Men and Uncanny X-Force.

8. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

Peter and Logan fan here, so Marvel din ako. :)

9. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

I'm a DC guy (Superman and Batman are my two favorites) but I like a lot of Marvel as well. I grew up watching the X-Men animated series then I got into Batman: TAS and Superman: TAS then Justice League. Then we have the movies, of course.

When it comes to comics though, I've been focusing on Superman since he's my favorite. Once I get thru my backlog, I plan to catch-up on Batman and check out a couple Marvel TPBs as well. The last Marvel comic I read was the whole Civil War event.

10. cclozano

cclozano Member

11. P-M-J

P-M-J Member

I used to love Marvel for the longest time. X-men, X-force, X-factor, Thanos, Infinity Watch, Adam Warlock, Infiity Crisis, Iron Man, Hulk, Dare Devil, FF, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange.

Back then I never knew much of DC except for Batman and Superman, not until I read Crisis on Infinite Earths (1985), Identity Crisis (2004), Infinite Crisis (2005–2006), I am now a fan of DC lore . Lanterns of all color spectrums, Blue Beetle, Flash, Dr. Fate, Zatana, and JLA are all awesome!

#11 P-M-J, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  12. prince_reyes

prince_reyes Member

13. Sanobabits

Sanobabits Member

Marvel... But really amazed on how amazing the lantern story

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

14. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm a Marvel fan. I've been a fan of the Xmen since the Phoenix / Dark Phoenix saga (circa Chris Claremont) but I have to admit DC makes better Graphic Novels: Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns, Kingdom Come just to name a few.

15. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

I'm ambivalent with either DC or Marvel — I'm more enamored of the artist: Jim Lee, Alex Ross, Greg Land, Frank Miller — but for a long period, I left these two giant comics powerhouses to start my love affair with Image (Wildstorm, Top Cow). The stories were edgy (WildCATS, Witchblade, Team Seven, Gen 13, Spawn, Ballistic) and the graphics rocked.

Probably what drew me back to DC was Alex Ross while the Ultimate spin-offs (X-Men, Avengers) lured me back to Marvel. I simply love 'em all now, even Dark Horse.

16. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

I miss the locally printed marvel and dc comics. I remember in particular issue #100 of the uncanny xmen, with the old xmen facing off vs the new xmen on the cover. Anyone still have their copies of those local comics?

#16 eag, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  17. aaarrrnnn

aaarrrnnn Member

I love em both. For Marvel, its Spider-Man, Wolverine and Psylocke as my favorites. For DC, its Superman, Batman and Green Lantern (Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner).

18. extremeshot

extremeshot PhilMUG Addict Member

Marvel for me. Spidey and the X-men are my favorites though I stopped buying comic books when I started working (which is quite some time ago). I remember the days when I was so exited to go to Filbar's.

My favorite artists were Jim Lee and Whilce Portacio ( I have Wetworks 1-5 signed by him). Btw, Leinil Francis Yu was my highschool classmate. He really loved to draw even then.

19. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

That's pretty awesome! IIRC, he did Superman: Birthright and I remember one of the first things that drew me to that book was his way of drawing Superman. Very reminiscent of Jim Lee and Renato Guedes.

20. johnpaul0303

johnpaul0303 New Member

Marvel is a lot better for me. ^^