Magsafe Adapter Replacment

Discussion in 'Sw!tch' started by cocoyponce, Jun 22, 2015.

1. cocoyponce

cocoyponce Member

Dear Switch,

I had my adapter check this evening at your glorietta branch since it suddenly stopped charging. The staff were very accommodating and thanks for that. However, I'd like to raise my disappointment. I don't know what is your agremeent with Apple on hardware replacement, but I am really disappointed when the staff told me I should wait for two weeks for the replacement of my adapter.

I raised the concern to Apple thru chat support and they told me it should not be like that and should be easy as swapping only to a new unit.

Whoever read this from Switch, please feel free to answer. I really hope that my adapter can have its replacement soonest, i cannot wait for two weeks. I can't even use my laptop now. I have a very important project and I don't want to lose this client.

Thanks.

2. LeoCastillo

LeoCastillo Maestro
    Staff Member

I recommend you contact Switch and advise them of your phone call with Apple. They should replace it immediately. If not, let Apple know and go to an alternative service center.

Leo

3. jasonub

jasonub Member

Yup sa states ang bilis ng warranty ng Apple. Even those out of warranty they offer to replace your unit with the same with a reasonable fee

4. shirtsnprints

shirtsnprints New Member

Ang sabi ng Apple support location issue daw because no Apple Retail Store nearby or baka daw walang stock si Switch. The thing is ang daming naka display kahapon sa store nila. Anyway, they will call me this morning hoping mapabilis ang replacement. Else, I'll try to pull out the unit and find a better service center. Thanks Sir Leo.

5. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

In the meanwhile I would recommend getting a spare adaptor, which you will find very useful anyway. I have at least three--one for the office, one for my bedside, and one in my bag. Our member madmax sells lots of them in the marketplace, brand-new, original, and cheap.

6. cocoyponce

cocoyponce Member

I guess I have no other option now but to buy since none of them can provide a service unit or stock. Nakakalungkot lang na walang stock ang sagot ng lahat ng service provider at ang tagal ng waiting time.

7. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

At least you'll get a replacement, although it will take some time. Just take it as a minor annoyance and get that spare so you can move on with your work. First thing I do when I get a new Mac (aside from getting AppleCare) is to get a spare adaptor or two.

8. alikishi

alikishi Well-Known Member

I also have a spare adapter. I have 1 at home and 1 in my bag so I don't leave without one

9. jasonub

jasonub Member

How Much ang magsafe?

10. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

P2,500 ang orig from madmaxx, P1,500 ang "replacement."

11. jasonub

jasonub Member

3990 bili ko iswitch Dati. :(

12. cocoyponce

cocoyponce Member

Today celebrates my adapter's first monthsary and still not in my hand. One month and counting for the replacement. sigh.

13. zen88

zen88 New Member

Hi how can I cantact madmaxx thanks...

14. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

aka David Lee - 0908-8773087. He's usually @ the marketplace, but still "under construction" for now.

15. zen88

zen88 New Member

ok thanks...