MacBook Pro vs. MacBook Pro (with Touchbar)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mojacko, Jan 27, 2018.

1. mojacko

mojacko Member

Hi,

Anyone knows where i can purchase locally a good skin for my macbook pro (with free installation)? Thanks!!!

2. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

Congratulations on your purchases! When i bought my 15” rMBP last 2014, i decided to not go with a case but just buy a well padded carrying sleeve (http://www.capdase.com/en_us/?product=carria-prokeeper-15-inch). It’s such a shame to cover a beautiful macbook with anything and i believe looks best naked. 4 years and counting, still looks good as new.

mojacko and Qin Zhi like this.
  3. mojacko

mojacko Member

Thanks for the advice. Already bought a Moshi carrying sleeve from
    PMC after my purchase. So I think I’ll settle for this for now.

EDBA3DD6-2529-41A8-8FD6-3CEC51C786EC.jpeg

4. Angelo29

Angelo29 New Member

Hi there! I'm new here. Wondering if anyone of you knows where can I buy a brand new Macbook Pro (2015, 13-inch) base model? I'm really into the new Macbook Pro but I'm not a fan of the very limited ports (and I want to be as dongle-free as possible). Thanks in advance!

5. Qin Zhi

Qin Zhi Well-Known Member

To my knowledge, there's no Apple authorized store in the Ph where you can still buy a brand new 2015 13" MBP. I'm afraid the only place now where you can buy a legit 2015 13" MBP that still comes w/ standard Apple warranty (and is eligible for AppleCare 2-year extended warranty) is Apple's refurb store. Here, for example, are the Apple certified refurbished 13" MBPs available in Singapore and in Hong Kong. Unfortunately, they only deliver to a local address and not to the Philippines. If you happen to have a relative or friend who lives in Singapore or Hong Kong, you can ask them to buy it for you. Note that refurbs are available only while supplies last. For instance, in Singapore, here are the refurbished 2015 13" MBPs available today (priced in Singapore Dollars):

Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 10.24.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 10.25.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 10.25.29 PM.png

#45 Qin Zhi, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Ghibli likes this.
  6. Angelo29

Angelo29 New Member

Thank you Qin Zhi!

7. Tecson

Tecson Member

Hmmm, I am curious why did your wife want to replace the Mac air 11? It’s still an able device, I am thinking of upgrading mine as well, but find it hard to replace it so soon...

8. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

9. max_Moon

max_Moon Well-Known Member

I actually liked the touchbar. It was the first thing I instinctively missed when I got the 14" MBP.