Macbook Pro shutting down while Sleeping?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by einjhel, Oct 12, 2017.

1. einjhel

einjhel Member

i have a early 2015 Macbook Pro, and these past few weeks, i noticed sometimes, that when i let my macbook pro go to sleep, pag binalikan ko, like pag i-press ko yung keyboard para magwake up siya, hindi na siya nagwwake up, kasi naka-shut down na pala. i have to press the power button just to turn it on again

i have done the SMC reset , pero nauulit parin. maybe it happened mga 3 times na.

anything I can do kaya?

2. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Might be your batteries. Have you checked the number of cycles lately?

3. einjhel

einjhel Member

hi thanks for the reply. i'm not sure po sir, kasi lagi siyang naka-kabit sa adaptor. i rarely used the battery(which is wrong) hehe. ginawa ko kasi siyang parang desktop na

suavecito likes this.
  4. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

That might be the case. Check on the system report if your battery needs to be replaced.

einjhel likes this.
  5. einjhel

einjhel Member

how do i know po if the battery needs to be replaced?
    i checked the system report , but it said that the health condition of the battery is normal

btw, naka-El Capitan pa rin yung OS ko, version 10.11.6, would it help kaya if i update to the new OS? yung MacOS High Sierra?

6. tomangelo

tomangelo Member

Maybe the laptop overheats to a certain degree that the unit shuts it off to prevent further damage. Can you try sleeping the machine in an AC room?

7. Edelheid

Edelheid Well-Known Member

I'm curious, are you closing the lid or does the lid stay open during the time your MBP is asleep?

I experienced something similar on a new computer running High Sierra, but with the lid closed. Under normal circumstances it shouldn't have shut down but it did anyway. I couldn't reproduce it again.

8. caffelatte

caffelatte Member

i also do this. somewhere i read if you're not mobile might as well plug it in to lessen battery cycle which x amount of that will decrease its life.

another is, mentioned above, overheating. whenever i close the lid + attached external display via HDMI... it became hot, not airconditioned room. i experienced, as far as i remember, twice or so. to avoid the issue, i just remove the hdmi cable and close the lid.

i also made a thread about it.