MacBook Pro Essential Accessories

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by sickflick, Sep 1, 2015.

1. quicksilver

quicksilver Member

this is my third MBA, and i've always left them naked. i do use a tucano sleeve when i bring my MBA with me. i also have a portable HDD to back up my MBA. at home, i connect my MBA to a 4TB HDD and a 55" LG TV.

2. Analog_KiD

Analog_KiD New Member

Speaking of mouse vs trackpad, I use the trackpad when browsing the web IMO trackpad is way better than mouse when browsing web. When working with DAW or graphics application i use the mouse.

3. jjacildo

jjacildo New Member

Hi, would like to ask which one is better for keyboard protection (against grease and to avoid "shiny keys" after extensive use): silicone cover or decal stickers?

#23 jjacildo, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  4. Qin Zhi

Qin Zhi Active Member

A word of advice, if you're using a MacBook Pro with a Retina display, Apple had published a notice that such can damage the display when you close it:

Of course, if you really need to use a keyboard cover, just make sure you remove it when you close your MBP.

5. jjacildo

jjacildo New Member

Oh, perhaps I should purchase silicone cover since it's removable. Thanks for the advice! :)

6. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

I recently upgraded to Macbook Pro 13inch Retina, Is it advisable to put screen protector and palmguard? My only accessory right now is a moshi iglaze case. Thanks!

7. cybersniper

cybersniper Well-Known Member

^Screen protector - No
    PalmGuard - Yes

ZeroCool likes this.
  8. Qin Zhi

Qin Zhi Active Member

I'd caution you not to use any of those. There's a possibility that they might damage your display. Please refer to this notice published by Apple, which specifically applies to any MacBook Pro having a Retina display, which necessarily encompasses the third and fourth generations of MacBook Pros (i.e. rMBP, ntbMBP and tbMBP).

While said notice did not specifically mention screen protectors, I'd still advice you against installing one given that, as stated in the notice, "the clearance between the display and the top case is engineered to tight tolerances" and that any "additional thickness may interfere with the designed closed position of the display", which eventually "could result in damage to the display when you close it".

#28 Qin Zhi, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  9. imart

imart Active Member

^^

This is helpful. #tightTolerances

I bought a screen protector at a good discount last sunday (thanks to the recent IT show sales here) after experiencing a mishap with my old MBP where my screw driver accidentally drew a line on the matte screen. But nevertheless, I'll check if it can still survive the tight space between the screen and keyboard.