Macbook Pro 13 Inch Late 2011 Need Help Badly

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by enzo91778, Jan 2, 2018.

1. enzo91778

enzo91778 Member

Hi to all the Guru's

Just a little bit of history

• Battery Notification mention that need to change battery already, i did follow this due to budgetary issue and my notebook still power on if i plugged it
    • the Other day I decided to turn off the macbook since most of the time i just make it in sleep mode or close the screen
    • just the other day i decided to open this pressing the Power on Botton, it wont torn on anymore, the only time this will power on is if you press in longer and when i say it press it longer literally press long
    • if the screen open the mouse pointers is so sluggish as in the log sya

I Badly need your help on this is my mac book DEAD already ?
    Can i still get all the files to my HDD
    Kindly share what would be the work around

2. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

if it's not dead yet, it will be soon! if i were you i'd keep it plugged in all the time (so it doesn't need to recharge what very little is left of the battery when you do need to turn it on). and THE VERY NEXT TIME it comes on, BACK UP to an external drive. that could well be your last chance to back up. otherwise prepare for more difficult alternatives (like transferring your drive to a working macbook or to an external drive to access its contents; might not be that easy to do if it's an SSD, but for a 2011 mac, maybe it's still the old HDD). in any case, get an external drive now, back up, and buy a new battery asap.

or bring everything to nomer in ynzal and have him sort everything out.

LeoCastillo and Qin Zhi like this.
  3. makintosh

makintosh Active Member

+1 on penmanila's advice.

Regarding the system lag, I kinda read somewhere that this may be caused by the processor being throttled down due to the lack of detected working battery. I experienced this before but not to the point the mouse pointer movement lags. Therefore, it may be possible your hard drive, especially the non-ssd kind, has malware infection, file system corruption or physical damage. Traditional spinning drives have average lifespan on 5 years. If you haven't replaced it for that long I also suggest you do an immediate backup and consider replacing the drive if you have important files in it.

About the battery, try searching in olx or tipidpc or contact Nomer of Ynzal. Ask for the newer ones which are at par with apple's original or oem replacement batteries. I once bought one that gave only up to 3 hours and worked for more or less a year. The one I have now gives around 6 hours of juice.

theredmac likes this.
  4. enzo91778

enzo91778 Member

@penmanila and @makintosh Sir's thank you for the advise i will do this @penmanila I might really back up all the files to external HDD and probably gave up on this already since sobrang sulit na sya sir Like conservative this is 5 years na rin sya utmost again thank you so much sa Help

5. EX3

EX3 Member

Had the same issue and it won't power on regularly to a point it won't turn on at all. After bringing to well known stores, all refused to repair my Mac since it was out of warranty(MacBook Air 2011). Ynzal tried to fix it, unfortunately they weren't able to find a solution. Then I came across Zoom Electronics in QC and this incredible guy named Naff was able to revive my Mac! Since I have a new Pro, my daughter has been using it since without any problems and it is still fast. Hope this helps.

makintosh likes this.
  6. makintosh

makintosh Active Member

7. enzo91778

enzo91778 Member

do you think how much ang replacement for the FAN for the Macbook Pro don sa Model ng laptop ko

8. makintosh

makintosh Active Member

^ Maybe 1500 or less for a used one. Is it totally broken? Baka naman kailangan lang ng linis?

9. Elindir

Elindir New Member

Sorry if I'm cutting in but I'm in need of a replacement battery myself. Do you reco the ones on OLX, chief?

Found a seller (ID: coolman) selling a (supposedly) genuine A1321 battery for my MBP 15" Mid 2010 for PHP3,200. Not familiar with what's a good replacement brand. 'Di ko naman afford yung price and timeline ni Ynzal.

10. Qin Zhi

Qin Zhi Well-Known Member

At Php 3,200, that's certainly fake. For reference, back in 2014, I had the battery of my 13" 2009 MBP replaced at an Apple Store here in Beijing for ¥998 (about Php 7,700). I'm sure the battery of a 15" 2010 MBP should not be less than that.

11. makintosh

makintosh Active Member

Last year I got mine for P3,500 from a seller in tipidpc. I forgot his name though (sorry... senior moment) but I recall him mention that he's giving me the then newly available replacement batteries that last 5 to 6 hours. True enough until now charge still last that long unlike the first replacement that I got which only lasted 2 to 3 hours and failed less than a year after I bought it. The seller also gave me 2 or 3 months warranty. The battery was for a late 2012 non-retina 15" MBP.

I think the price had significantly gone down with newer battery technology and manufacturing processes. Or probably units sold at official apple stores are still priced at a premium but significantly less by other third party sellers.

I also recall looking at third party battery sellers after inquiring from a known apple reseller of the price of replacement which is similar with what Qin Zhi stated.

#11 makintosh, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  12. matanglawin

matanglawin Member

No. I've had a dealing with coolman before. He insists his products are genuine, but, they're not. I bought a Magsafe I from him, gave him the benefit of the doubt, since I was in a hurry and had no time to check it, and later discovered that the Magsafe is just a "class A" replacement (after comparing with my original Magsafe). I returned the product, he was gracious enough to refund me. I suppose most if not all his Mac paraphernalia, including batteries and adapters are all fakes. The packaging is often a giveaway.

I was able to get a cheaper, authentic Magsafe from another OLX reseller, but I asked to be able to check it thoroughly. The product came in an official Apple box (though the reseller hinted that there are fake boxes as well),

For iPhones, I could stand a non-Apple replacement, as my 5S's battery has started to get bloated. I had it replaced cheap at Makati Square, and I'm not too worried since iPhones have dropped prices. But for Macbooks, I'd rather not risk it. Better get a genuine replacement from official channels rather than end up with a damaged Macbook. It's worth it, rather than having a battery that will fail sooner, or maybe even damage your laptop.

13. Qin Zhi

Friendly advice: Since the part involved is a battery, I strongly recommend that you get an Apple original battery. Inquire with Ynzal or other Apple authorized dealers/service centers. While Apple original parts are expensive, and I know you're on a budget, however, you have to bear in mind that we can't be certain as to the quality of third-party replacement parts.

Be wary of sellers at OLX and similar sites claiming that they are selling originals or OEMs. In all likelihood they're NOT. Think: how were such individuals able to have access to original Apple spare parts and, moreover, be able to sell them at remarkably lower prices? Having said that, be more wary about those at OLX (and similar sites) selling "original" Apple spare parts at a price that's near the original price, as that's also a strategy employed by sellers of counterfeit goods.

Remember: batteries can be particularly dangerous if defective or of inferior quality: they can swell/bloat (like these) and damage the casing and other parts of your MBP (and perhaps damage it beyond repair); and worse, they can be a fire hazard and can even explode (think of Samsung Galaxy Note 7). A quick search for "MacBook battery exploded" will show that it does happen. While Apple original parts are not immune from defects, I'm sure you'd agree that Apple's quality control standard is generally better than those of no-name manufacturers.

So please think twice before you buy a third-party made replacement battery. Sayang ang pagtitipid mo if the replacement battery turns out to be defective, explodes and burns your MacBook Pro. Although it's a 2010 MBP, if well-maintained, you can still get a few more years out if it, just like in the case of mine. Please think it over. I honestly don't think it's worth it.

I personally can vouch for the benefit of buying original. When I had my 13" 2009 MBP's battery replaced at an Apple Store here in Beijing back in March 2014, I shelled-out CNY998 (about Php 7,700). While that price might be double than what OLX sellers are offering you, one thing I can attest is that, after nearly 4 years of intense daily use, that battery is still in good condition (and so is that 8-yr. old MBP):
    Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 11.02.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 11.01.57 PM.png

abielbad and raypin like this.
  14. enzo91778

enzo91778 Member

Re: Y Screw to Battery can you kindly advise ano yung number nya having problem to look for it, may suggestion ba kayo kung san nakaka bili

15. Elindir

Elindir New Member

Followed your advice and held off on the batt replacement, chief. Based on my checking, current cycles still a little over 500, so it’s just about half way through it’s life (masyado lang akong nabibilisan sa discharge, I guess).

I just went for replacing my HDD and Memory for now (with parts I ordered from the US and my Father-in-Law was kind enough to bring home). :)

Found a shop here in Greenhills—Dr. A—that sells “premium” replacement batteries. They say it’s not original per se, but they get it from the same supplier to Apple from Taiwan. They sell the one I need for 6,500. Does that seem like a more legit option to you or should I still go with Ynzal (~10K for an OWC one that’ll arrive in maybe 3 months pa).

16. Qin Zhi

They'll always say theirs is "premium". They won't last in business if they say theirs is "Class B", "imitation" or "fake".

As between that "premium" one and OWC's, I'd tend to go for the latter, even if I have to wait 3 months.

However, before considering a replacement battery, I strongly urge you to visit Apple authorized dealers, such as Beyond the Box, Power Mac and Ashop, and get a quote on the price of an Apple original battery.

17. matanglawin

matanglawin Member

Had my MBP 15" 2011's battery replaced through Senco Link for about 7,500 to 8,000. Whereas I could risk a class A battery for my iPhone, I wouldn't for my MBP. iPhones are far easier and cheaper to replace, especially now that the 5s is below 10K. I suggest you call Senco Link first.

Elindir and Qin Zhi like this.
  18. Elindir

Elindir New Member

@matanglawin, thank you for the tip! Did you have to wait long for a replacement battery or did Senco Link have what you needed in stock? Did they have to diagnose your MBP first before they agreed to change it?

19. matanglawin

matanglawin Member

They do need to run the diagnostics themselves, just to check. Mac OS X does tell you if your MBP's battery is already work down, and it usually does start to fail in 2 years or so of continued use. They also need to note the part number, and your MBP's serial number. If they have the item in stock, it should take less than a few hours or so. If not, they'll inform you that they'll need to order the part first, and, depending on availability, it can take a week or so.

I got mine replaced less than a week, but that was around 2014. Again, the best thing to do is contact them first, then, visit their office.

20. enzo91778

enzo91778 Member

Sir if I may ask since you mention that Senco will do a Diagnostics is this a Proprietary Software for Senco only or do you have a Software that we can Download